End of 6-day vacation cwr hunt

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was visiting the in-laws and went hunting every morning. Came back with a total of 1-90% and 13-40%. I ran across a lot of dumps and bought most of them but only the loose halves and small pockets of rolls produced. At least I consolidated the dumps and hopefully won't have as many to deal with next time I visit since the prolific dumper (marks his coins with a J) has possibly taken a break (at least the tellers say that the dumps have been sitting around for over a year). Here are the final totals:

$3243 loose and cwr halves: 1964, 13-40%, some NIFC's, some proofs, and also 36-Ike's (all clad and returned to the wild).

I was hoping for a big jackpot but I am happy with these moderate results (better than my box production). I have four boxes to go through tomorrow. Here is a picture of the silver.

image-1500885428.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks...it is definitely a process. This was my first time working the area. Next time the dumps will be cleared out a bit and I can concentrate on the areas that produced the most silver.

I thought of a new meaning for my call sign "Zero": This is what the tellers tell the next coin roll hunter when they ask for halves: "sorry, some middle aged guy in a Hawaiian shirt bought them all earlier today...he said he was on vacation and collects them for his kids to go through." True statement but my kids (nine and six) have lost some interest after the scores of skunks. So, they help me for 5-10 minutes and then enjoy seeing the finds. Occasionally, I will set them up for success with a pile I know has a silver.

I also change my persona when I go back to dump by changing into a little less interesting shirt and putting on a ball cap. It's amazing how the same teller that sold me halves will tell me about the guy who asked about halves the other day. I let them think halves are in a high demand. It's a fun hobby. Not all hobbies allow you to have multiple personas.

vetarun

Jan 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what city in Alabama did you visit? lol

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How did you know it was Alabama? Are you the "J" marker?

vetarun

Jan 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, I'm not the J marker. I see them all the time. He's still searching and marking. You may have picked up some of mine that I dumped on a roadtrip about a year ago.

CURTtheHURT

Tenderfoot
Apr 28, 2013
Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Alabama and get those J marked all the time. Hope he has been getting my marked coins in return. Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread