Silver mother load hurry it ends today!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomfromnj

Feb 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wife found this in the paper Friday. Just showed it to me now. It's legit. Ordered a bag. I'm sharing it with you guys. If your zip code starts with the first 2 numbers you can order bags of silver image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Upvote 0

stonehenge

Aug 27, 2010
They advertise all kinds of crap like this and sheeted of uncut bills for ten times face. Horrible photoshopped pictures of guards protecting all of their "treasures."

Probably the same crooks that are selling the Amish heaters.

Isn't it funny how "your zip code" is ALWAYS in the list today?

My favorite bar sign reads -
"Free beer tomorrow"

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I have lost 100 dollars online.i bought a 400 dollar video card for a cool 100. Back when I was a Dishwasher. If its too good to be true....needless to say, it never arrived. I was pretty embarrassed.
I know exactly what you mean. I've lost more than that on Ebay, merchandise that never arrives.

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HOUSTON...We have a problem!

They can't print anything in a newspaper that isn't true.

In fact, I'm quitting my job today, so I can start this new career that I found in the classified section of a newspaper. Apparently, I can make $50,000 a week from home stuffing envelopes. :tongue3:

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saw this locally in my news paper a couple years ago. I did the research out of curiosity. It didn't take 5 minutes to confirm this is a legal scam. For those that may think it's real, take a couple minutes on google before you give them you card number. If you just can't help yourself, go buy a visa card and load it so they can't keep charging you. Third, you really don't need to even go this far. Just ask why would they? Also consider, why would a public company use a name that sounds like it's part of the government? I'll tell you why...because that's how you convince yourself that this might be legit...why not spend a $100 on the chance. As soon as I figured out this was a public company, I knew they were running a legal (but unethical in my opinion) business.

OO

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
if its "too good" of a value to be true ( say $100 bucks for a $ 400 item) its a lie --if its real "easy money" its a lie ---if its sumpin fer nuttin --its a lie *---- stop and think before ordering " do the numbers" add up ? -- why would anyone sell a 100 count of silver coins for $99.00 (when even worn silver dimes are worth more than $1 each at current melt price) they would lose money on the deal --what business person wants to do that?

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dawgs, calm down, there is a reason for dis, and let me asplain. CC anyone remeber what that stands for ?!??!?!? CHINESE COUNTERFIET plane & simple. THe chinese are trying to get fools like Tom here to buy there FAKE coins. When they arive, he will think they are actually silver and be really happy he got them. All it takes is a magnet or to look for a Chinese, Replica, or a CC stamp, and it will be obvious its a fake; the chinese would likely throw some dirt in the bag, to make it look legit, old. But to the untrained eye, and the fools foolish enough to to realize this was a trap, they will have actually thought that these coins were real, been happy and added them to their silva stash without even thinking twice.

chinese-counterfeit-typothing-3.png

fake_trade_$1.jpg

this man's making bank on his scheme

5-113950_copy1.jpg

IT IS ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL TO ANYONE NOT WANTING FAKE CRAPPY, CHINESE "CEE CEE" TO NEVER EVER EVER CALL THE NUMBER LISTED OR BELIEVE THE ADVERTISEMENT, IT IS A SCAM PLAIN & SIMPLE sorry for the bold print and use of caplocks, but the truth had to be said, had to be put so blunty. we dont need honest 2 goodness T-net members getting a bag full of fake coins, by a scam company.

Chinese counterfeits out there are a big problem, but that's not the case here.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just looked up the "World Reserve Monetary Exchange Inc" reviews and LOL whatever you do DO NOT GIVE THEM 100 dollars..check out this link to the pissedoffcustomer review

On May 14th this person left a review on the exact same thing in the paper:

World Reserve Monetary Exchange - Vault bag coins nothing but junk
by Anonymous May 14 Review #: 408583
Company World Reserve Monetary Exchange
Product / Service Vault Bags Of Scarce Coins
Category Financial Scams and Schemes
Views 110
Monetary Loss
$89

I ordered a "vault bag" of 100 coins for 129.95
and what I received was mostly nickels (63) and dimes(16)
Only 3 completely worn buffalo nickels with illegible dates, 3
worthless "V" nickels that were completely worn and the two promised
1800's coins were both low grade 1897 Indian head pennies got 1 ok mercury dime
1 heavily soiled. The walking liberty half was a heavily soiled and worn coin from
1943 a common year at best this coin goes for 10-15 dollars. Needless
to say I was very disappointed total value approx $40. This is totally
outrageous! Never buy anything from this crooked company! 35906ea

and lol the company responded with:

We are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with your recent purchase.

As the advertisement explained, “It’s hard to tell how much these Vault Bags could be worth. That’s because after they were loaded with over 100 U.S. Gov’t coins including: Silver, scarce, highly collectible, and circulating coins the dates were unsearched and the bags were sealed for good. But we do know that some of the coins date back to the early 1900s. That means any one of these Vault Bags could be worth a small fortune.”

Since coin values are subjective, I can’t tell you an exact amount for collector value. What I can tell you is; receiving a Walking Liberty half dollar in the condition you received would be worth between $22 and $325 dollars in collector value, according to “The Official Redbook a Guide Book of United States Coins”.

Sincerely,
Valerie Moreland
Director, World Reserve

The companies response is hilarious. They can't have any idea of knowing what's in there but yet they can guarantee you'll get a couple of coins from the 1800's lol. This is the same as "unsearched" penny rolls with seated dime ends on ebay, just on a bigger scale. You take $40 worth of clad, sprinkle a couple crappy buffaloes and V nickels in there, throw in a $9 walking liberty, and sell them as big unsearched bags. Not a bad idea, if you're a total scumbag.

RamsesII

Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh...

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Hahaha. Guys, don't buy stuff like this. Let the old ladies do it. It's amazing how the whole "what if" factor can cloud out minds into buying into scams like this. Duhfromnj says "looks legit." Name one thing that looks legit.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How is this any different than those "Unsearched roll" on Ebay? There was a post about how a guy spent like $150 on one a few months ago and got about $30 in coins out of it. I remember it well because I almost got put in timeout for essentially calling the poster an idiot.

RamsesII

Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
How is this any different than those "Unsearched roll" on Ebay? There was a post about how a guy spent like $150 on one a few months ago and got about $30 in coins out of it. I remember it well because I almost got put in timeout for essentially calling the poster an idiot.

Well they deserve it. I mean, it's like walking into a bar and yelling, "excuse me, everybody. Everybody. Shhh. Ok, so I found this amazing deal and wanted to share it with you. It's an ad that's selling skunk pelt hats , but don't worry they've removed the scent gland." We're all good natured fun loving folks here. Hey, at least we don't throw bottles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread