Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
They might sell...but you are right, probably not worth the effort. Personally, I'd have to clear at least $20 to make an ebay effort to begin with.

Uh, I take that back, make it $50.

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started getting the 2013 dimes before alot of people did and I sold about 5 lots of five of them on eBay for 5-7 bucks until I really did the math on it and I didn't think it was worth the time nor the effort. When you first think about it it sounds pretty awesome. 10 to 15 times face per coin and I guess it would be in a large quantity but I could never sell more than 5 to one person.

TheNotoriousA.G.

Apr 29, 2013
Detector(s) used
Hands & Ears
Primary Interest:
Other
I've got about $300 face of NIFC halves. Once I get around to it I'm going to list them as probably 3 $100 face lots and see if I can clear any profit for sliver.

Looks like to the right buyer I could make a little cash for more AG.

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI
The ebay sale that came up was 162 NIFC kennedy halves sold for $117.99 + $6.50 s+h
When you subtract the cost of the coins, fees to ebay and paypal and cost of shipping, you are left with a profit of 14 cents per coin.

As a rule I would like to see a 100% profit per coin to consider the time, hassle and risk (getting lost in mail).

I have tried selling NIFC halves and 1940-1959 Jefferson nicklels on ebay. The profits are there, just modest

OP
OP
OnARoll

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very interesting, I agree with all of you, once ebay takes its 10 percent its OVER! Plus not to mention a lot of those auctions were advertising "free shipping". Oh by the way yall, my local coin machine just gobbled them up, 15 dollars now for more chances to score AG lol.

TheNotoriousA.G.

Apr 29, 2013
Detector(s) used
Hands & Ears
Primary Interest:
Other
I've debated tossing them all back into the wild. However, they're what keep me sane during 10+ box skunk streaks.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My ebay rule of thumb is $10 net profit. Those big lots aren't a bad idea. I reroll though so it's a huge pain to start taking out loads of halves unless I have a bunch extra sitting around

OP
OP
OnARoll

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've debated tossing them all back into the wild. However, they're what keep me sane during 10+ box skunk streaks.

You make a good point, NIFC are like the cookie dangling from the string, a hopeful prequel that silver is near!

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't keep them. I see tons of them in boxes and don't bother keeping them. I don't think the profit of putting them on ebay is worth the hassle after you consider ebay fees, paypal fees, the cost of packaging, shipping, and tracking them, and then you also have to deal with the people that don't pay, dispute the sale, etc. It also takes additional time. I'd rather just spend that time searching more volume and stacking silver.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BU 87s are pretty easy to sell on ebay, and sell for more than the others. I don't save any other NIFCs anymore.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread