Why waste our time opening rolls for profit when you can do THIS?

DaytonaRacer

May 21, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV,
Fisher F22,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Thought I've seen it all and then along comes this item on eBay:

"Factory Sealed Box of U.S. Pennies, Unsearched for Copper, Wheats, Indian Heads"
US $34.95 + $15.95 Expedited Shipping
(3 available / 6 sold)
Factory SEALED Box of U s Pennies Unsearched for Copper Wheats Indian Heads | eBay

All it is is a box picked up straight from the bank and posted online for almost $10 more. Amazing that they actually sold 6 of these boxes to unsuspecting people.

Upvote 0

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can easily buy "old coin wrappers" on ebay, check out these results here

beebs88

May 5, 2013
Lol. People are crazy. eBay is full of compulsive buyers. I was actually selling half dollar rolls on eBay before they changed their fees. It was just a lot of work and I'd rather search them. Even though I was actually making more of a profit than the amount of silver I was finding. Say for the year I found about $800 worth of silver at today's rate. I could sell the rolls on eBay and have made about $1500 cash profit. There's a lot of people doing it so you can only sell if you keep prices low but a profit of 50 cents per roll is doable. That's after all fees from eBay PayPal and shipping.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
It would be freakin' hilarious if the Merc ender turned out to be a 1916 D!

The "unsearched roll" sellers sometimes do include valuable coins in the rolls. If you buy an AG 1916-D for maybe $800 or $900, then you will get great feedback, and your sales will exponentially increase, allowing you to soon recuperate the loss you received by buying the key date.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions