Potential Wisconsin state quarter error

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take a look at the two pictures below. I think I'm seeing a second cow stamped to the right of the original cow. See the line for the nose in the top of the cheese. The line in the cheese is not in the regular Wisconsin state quarter. See the ear and top of the head very lighted stamped to the right of the other cow.
I found this while coin roll hunting two boxes of quarters. No silver of course, but this might make up for that. I only edge search, and when I dump them back in the box I grab whatever Wisconsin ones I see facing me because I know they have the leaf variety on the ear of corn. Never heard of a cow variety, so I'm turning to you guys!

quartererror.JPG wisconsinquarter.jpg

Upvote 0

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
I see it too barely. could be some sorta' smudge. that's enough corn to satisfy even me. 47e8c3642c0d244fd774af7cc10dee1b[1].jpg

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
Dont think you have a cow error, the nose would have had to be mirrored when imprinted which is impossible. The shapes cant even come close to matching unless one of the two are mirrored. I think its post mint damage.

OP
OP
Styfflin

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the picture I took isn't that great, so it is hard to judge based off of that. I guess I'll have to take it to the coin shop and see what they have to say.

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I have found one lower leaf error and one upper leaf error over the past few years. Keep searching. :-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread