Found a 1912 Barber dime in a roll

jamesandsons

May 14, 2013
WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I opened $200 in various dime rolls last night and this morning. Got a decent 63-D, 3 2009-Ds... and my first barber.
Image06142013113449.jpg

It is so worn and thin that it hardly feels like a dime. Feels like a cheap zinc washer. But it is legit, so I'm not going to let its wornness keep me from celebrating my first pre-FDR dime!

Upvote 0

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I opened $200 in various dime rolls last night and this morning. Got a decent 63-D, 3 2009-Ds... and my first barber.
View attachment 813581

It is so worn and thin that it hardly feels like a dime. Feels like a cheap zinc washer. But it is legit, so I'm not going to let its wornness keep me from celebrating my first pre-FDR dime!

Man, it is not only pre-FDR, you completely skipped over the entire "Winged Liberty" dimes..
Nice find.

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going James! Dimes have gone cold on me with the last couple boxes I've been able to find. That is funny that you skipped the mercs and went straight to barbers!

OP
OP
J

jamesandsons

May 14, 2013
WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going James! Dimes have gone cold on me with the last couple boxes I've been able to find. That is funny that you skipped the mercs and went straight to barbers!

I always seem to take the big leaps. Remember it was finding 3 Indian head cents out of my first 32 rolls that got me hooked on this in the first place!

izer54

May 9, 2013
Illinois
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great first find. Dimes are cold for me CRH. Better luck with halves and pennies IMHO.

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also funny because the one Barber I've found so far was also a 1912!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread