Have To Take A Break......

Rascal

Feb 5, 2012
Western Arizona
Detector(s) used
Number 1 Mark II Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Other
I am currently on hiatus from CRH'ing, with 5 boxes of halves and rolls of cents, dimes, etc sitting around with their (potential) treasures yet undiscovered. Never mind a few $K worth sitting around awaiting repatriation back in to the system.

Short story shorter version I pulled a young gal out of her pick-up in a Wal-place parking lot and put her on the ground and performed CPR on her. Seemed like the right thing to do at the time. Ends up she already has a pacemaker along with whatever other medical problems she has. At last word she was still with us (still in ICU????) a couple weeks later. I don't think she's seen even 30 years of age yet, and she has problems like that. (shaking head sadly)

I've been having arthritic-type problems with the knees for a while now (runs in the family) and the next day my low back said I'd overdid it. Couldn't even walk fully upright until I finally broke down and saw my first-ever chiropractor a week later. (Wife held a gun to my head and forced me, bless her loving heart) Between the knees and the back I can't handle and haul the boxes even using a luggage cart. If anyone lives close by I'll share my finds (if any) if you'll take care of all the dumping for me.

I'm sincerely glad she survived, and hope she recovers, but man, what a price to pay for playing the roll of good Samaritan. I did this for a living for 24 years and never racked myself up this bad. Would it be too much to ask of the Big Guy with a Walker, or even a Franklin, when I do manage to get back to the hunt?

Rascal

Upvote 0

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for your pain i hope you get better soon the coins will be there when you come back i say take your time and do what you need to do!!!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
Get well soon Rascal.

DaytonaRacer

May 21, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV,
Fisher F22,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I can totally sympathize with you. My now-departed grandfather used to be a high school math teacher in Brooklyn, NY. One day a student was in the hallway on fire (he never told me how that happened - I always figured maybe it was a bad Chemistry Class mishap and the student ran panicked). He immediate jumped on the student to force him to drop-and-roll. He was able to smother the flames but not before severely injuring himself in the process. His body was never the same afterwards and by the time he got into his 70's he had difficulties even using a walker and he was physically very weak. His mind was still sharp as a tack (he spoke 4 languages fluently) but his body wasn't good.

Still, through all of that he never regretted saving that student's life because it was the right thing to do. If you feel the same way, then you know you did the right thing. :)

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't give up the hunt! Run to the teller trays! CRH is a state of mind, own whatever branches are near you on a daily basis and stay positive. I hope you feel better soon. HH

Last edited:

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
sorry to hear about your troubles, but you know once a CRH'er always a CRHER, that even if you were like this 24/7, you are still addicted to CRH'n, and you would do it, rain or snow, with broken kneecaps. I took 9 shots, and I still coin roll hunt.

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did right!!Take a break and get your health back,when you get back at it,karma will be with you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread