Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up two boxes of halves from the bank on the corner under my work building. I skateboard about 1/4 mile downhill to my car.

I had the two boxes, and my ipad in my arms. Sun Shining, me smiling.

OH UH! construction debris. I Fall HARD. knee, and leg scrapped to the quick. Blood dripping....coins EVERYWHERE. Rolls, Looseis, both boxes split. My board gets shot behind me, into traffic, and several rolls are in the perpendicular street.

A couple good Samaritans help me out. about 5 people are picking my loose halves, and rolls, and putting them near my boxes.

I put at least $500 into my jacket pockets, and the other $500 into the better of the two boxes.

I did manage 6 40%ers from those boxes. And I did give the best helper a silver 40%er I had in my pocket as a thank you. I made him understand that it was silver. He was mildly excited.

It was as silly and funny as it sounds. I am dolt. The wounds are healing, and the story is a good one.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
CoinFetcher

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
50 lbs of halfs and an iPad? I still skate and I would never think of doing it...lol. Sound like 1 chaotic scene.

I always go CRHing on a bike but I only do CWRs.

For the record, it was long board :) I poked around the site of the spill, and didn't see any coins. I thought maybe a $10 roll would have been flung all the way across this 4-lanes of mercer street.

You think I'm Coin Fetcher for no good reason???

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Gold-plated CC imports----pic from Customs, about to be steamrolled.

I think those are Loonies, I see some bimetallics which could be Toonies. I remember Brinks had a giant coin spill in Canada where I think a million dollars worth of coin spilled out. They used a magnet to pick them all up from the ground, since they were of the new composition.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions