Drive through versus Lobby - Thoughts?

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
When you all are just out hunting an area for halves, no relationships, no scheduled pick-ups, do you usually hit the drive through or the lobby? I've been a lobby guy, but I can see where the drive throughs would be way faster. Maybe you lose a little something on the personal side, but maybe the efficiency gain is worth it. What are your thoughts?

Thanks.

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drive through's are for scumbag money-launderers, there ain't no reason for an honest-to-goodness person to use a drive-thru at a bank. I seen people wearing sunglasses in beat up, toyotas, go through drive-throughs and make a $5000 deposit.

Lobby for life.

Really no need to insult members that use drive through, I use drive through 95% of the time unless it is crowded....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Homie are you money laundering?[/QUOTE

I am not homie, and no I work for a living..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have read about nice silver pickups via drive through.

Also, I have scored plenty of AG from the drive through tellers tray.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As others said, too impersonal... I always go inside.

Plus I never do drive thru anything anymore, why have cameras peeking in your car and recording everything in it :P

true, but either that or they record you doing your business in the bank

MIhunter

Bronze Member
Jun 29, 2011
Southeastern MI
Drive thru can work, it has for me.
My single biggest silver score was a drive thru.
I pulled up to a BoA and asked if they had any halves. The had 2 CWR.
One was solid 1976, the other solid 1964!!!

So my drive thru rules are:
1) If you are buying not dumping
2) If you are buying CWR and loose halves, not boxes
3) If they have less than $50 worth of halves, otherwise you will have to go in to get the rolls

Plenty of times I have driven thru but had to park and go inside. They had too many rolls to put thru their tube system.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
I've never scored one single time at a DT. Therefore, I use the lobby almost exclusively.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just cant even get my head around using the drive-thru.

they cant send rolled coins through the tubes, you cant see the teller trays, if they have much of anythig you are going to have to park and go inside anyways, no ability to make a relationship with the tellers....

crazy talk if you ask me

OP
OP
Twitch

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
I appreciate the input everyone. Yesterday I went on a road trip and scored a 40%er from a drive through twice, and scored 2 Walkers and a handful of 40%ers from the lobby. The debate in this thread had been helpful for me and it seems clear that if used reasonably, but drive throughs and lobbies can be effective. I like the point about the detached drive through as well, I've never done that before but it seems like a good possibility.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread