Stalker Dump Bank Teller

jamesandsons

May 14, 2013
WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I opened an account with a second bank to dump my change, and have been bringing 1-2 ice cream pails full of coin each time, about 3-4 times a week. I try to go to a different branch every time, so I'm not showing up at a given branch more than once a week.

The last three times I've dumped were at "Branch A", 1/2 mile from my house, on Saturday; "Branch B", in a town 20 miles away, on Monday (had a medical appointment there); and "Branch C", about 4 miles from my house, today.

The same teller was working all three times.

I noticed her at the out-of-town dump on Monday (a branch I'd never been to before) and knew that I knew her from some other branch. Then today I walked in to the 3rd branch and saw her, and knew I had to say something. I asked "weren't you at branch B the other day?" She responded, "yes, and I was at branch A a few days before that." I felt a little embarrassed, like my whole scheme had been found out. She seemed a little annoyed or like she thought I was a freak, at first, but after she ran my change and brought back my ice cream pail, she was very nice and cordial.

I'm stopping at branch D on my way home. Let's hope she's not there working a split shift.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
J

jamesandsons

May 14, 2013
WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Almost forgot - at branch B on Monday, the coin machine completely broke down while they were running my change. I waited around until finally I told them I had to leave (I was late for an appointment), and to just deposit all my change into my account and I'd stop back later for the receipt and my bucket. It all worked out fine; just that when I saw that teller again today, my first thought was "she's probably thinking I'm gonna break the coin machine again."

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
James, you ran into the dreaded floating teller. I'vehad a similar problem only it was with pick up banks. My problem was that she was a silver sniper and every branch I went to, she was there. No point even asking about halves cause she told me straight up that she goes thru all the loose and rolled halves. These former pick up banks are now dump banks. It sucks though because they used to produce for me. HH

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coin_collection.gif
You might consider cooling it for a while james.

OP
OP
J

jamesandsons

May 14, 2013
WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coin_collection.gif
You might consider cooling it for a while james.

I'm doing one more week and then I'm going to be taking a couple weeks off; having a surgery at the beginning of July that will have me laid up for a while. I'm trying to decide if I should stock up on boxes to open while bedridden, or just go cold turkey for a while.

BuyMyTreasure

Apr 23, 2013
MI
Primary Interest:
Other
Ha. I dumped at a branch A first thing in the morning, then at a Branch B 5 hours later, same teller, she moved at Lunch, who knew?? She was nice both times, and it turned out I was headed out of town to the same place her husband was.

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Are you sure that she's stalking you? Just kidding... But, was she not already there at each instance before you initially arrived at A,B,C, and maybe even D? Did Van Halen compose a song called "Hot For Teller"?

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got it bad, got it bad, got it bad, I'm hot for Teller....

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Almost forgot - at branch B on Monday, the coin machine completely broke down while they were running my change. I waited around until finally I told them I had to leave (I was late for an appointment), and to just deposit all my change into my account and I'd stop back later for the receipt and my bucket. It all worked out fine; just that when I saw that teller again today, my first thought was "she's probably thinking I'm gonna break the coin machine again."
not the machine she thought you were breaking the bank.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread