Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold some last week to pay some bills - might sell some this week to pay off a credit card. I sold some when it was at $33 a while back and thought I was selling at the wrong time...as they say you can't lose when you make a profit! Us CRH's have it a bit easier than the silver stackers that were buying in when it was over $30 an oz. that is for sure.:icon_thumright: - where it is going who knows but you might just cash a little out to hedge your bets.

Maine_Jim

Same here Maine Jim, I sold at $29 when that was considered to be a very low drop. Paid off the credit card bills, never looked back. Still stacking now, I have considered selling again but for now have just stored it away and am trying to forget it's there

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buy low and sell high...

Yep, that's the golden rule. I found out the hard way when I first started investing in stocks. I would buy with emotion and sell with emotion. When that happens, you buy when something has been rising and sell when it has been falling. A sure way to buy high and sell low. Definitely not the right way to do it. The best thing to do in this case is to put the silver away and start making money on something else until the market recovers.

Of course, since this is all CRHed silver, we bought low, very low. We will be selling high even at $4/OZ. so in that case, BadBluff I would say if you want some cash sell, who cares that the price is lower than normal

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
With the price going down, the premium is going down too. I will still keep my still rebuilding CRHing stash, a mere 200 bucks. Just have to wait to see if this oncoming T-storm heading towards Michigan is going to go boom-boom! or fizzle out. I really hope it fizzles down to just some nice rain. I hate uber-thunderstorms.

Premiums are most likely not going down, in fact, they are going up.

It looks like that thunderstorm has fizzled off above the Muskegon area, so I think you're safe. The winds are only 45 mph in the storm anyway, so it's not even severe.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Are they? I'm now seeing ASE's advertised at spot + $3 or a bit less, but maybe that was an anomaly. Is LCS silver still selling in the $30/oz. range?

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Are they? I'm now seeing ASE's advertised at spot + $3 or a bit less, but maybe that was an anomaly. Is LCS silver still selling in the $30/oz. range?

I agree with Sag. From what I've seen, the premiums do indeed go up as silver drops. The total price of silver + premium continues to fall, but on average the premium itself appears to be rising.

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other

It looks like that thunderstorm has fizzled off above the Muskegon area, so I think you're safe. The winds are only 45 mph in the storm anyway, so it's not even severe.

Man I hope that storm fizzles. Mom's bugging me to go to town. I checked the 7 day forecast and it looks like it might rain for the next 5 days. Bummer!! I was hopeing to have a yard sale, sell a lot of my excess stuff for cheap, like books 25 cents a piece, DVD a dollar, and then take all that and half of it, buy some silver, the other half throw into my CRHing fund.
I checked at two silver/gold online services, provident and Gainsville. Both are out of stock of a lot of stuff unless you want to buy 100 OZs of something. Just the thought of carrying that makes me tired. Or if I want to buy fractionals, the over-spot price is a little rich, 2 bucks over spot and that's not counting shipping.

Sincerely, Garoulady

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I hope that storm fizzles. Mom's bugging me to go to town. I checked the 7 day forecast and it looks like it might rain for the next 5 days. Bummer!! I was hopeing to have a yard sale, sell a lot of my excess stuff for cheap, like books 25 cents a piece, DVD a dollar, and then take all that and half of it, buy some silver, the other half throw into my CRHing fund.
I checked at two silver/gold online services, provident and Gainsville. Both are out of stock of a lot of stuff unless you want to buy 100 OZs of something. Just the thought of carrying that makes me tired. Or if I want to buy fractionals, the over-spot price is a little rich, 2 bucks over spot and that's not counting shipping.

Sincerely, Garoulady

honestly with a small CRH purse it would make more sense to use all your money for CRH. no money gets tied up that way and you'll still be stacking silver. just my opinion

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
honestly with a small CRH purse it would make more sense to use all your money for CRH. no money gets tied up that way and you'll still be stacking silver. just my opinion

I would agree, GL, I would definitely increase your CRHing fund, the way we get our Silver CRhing is the absolute best deal, can't get it any cheaper than face :tongue3:. HH, Maverick.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with Sag. From what I've seen, the premiums do indeed go up as silver drops. The total price of silver + premium continues to fall, but on average the premium itself appears to be rising.

As a whole and over the long term, premiums absolutely increase as spot price falls. But have they in the past few weeks? When silver first dipped to ~$22 from ~$30, based on what I read on this forum and a little eBay browsing, it seemed to me that silver was selling better and most often at just as high if not a higher price than it was selling before the dip. Is that still happening or are the premiums falling now that silver has been in the low $20's range for a few weeks?

A

Ag_Forager

“Be Fearful When Others Are Greedy and Greedy When Others Are Fearful” - Warren Buffett

Buy on the way down. Sell on the way up.

Graceful

Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
According to coinflation.com silver and gold are both going up.....??

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
According to coinflation.com silver and gold are both going up.....??

That is expected. The majority of - if not all - of the companies that pay to advertise on coinflation sell gold and silver. Therefore you will be hard pressed to find very many articles on coinflation on why it might not be a good idea to invest in precious metals.

Graceful

Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh that makes sense! :(
Where do y'all track it, then?

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh that makes sense! :(
Where do y'all track it, then?

I track spot prices on coinflation, but take any articles I read off that site with a grain of salt. To track actual selling prices, I search completed listings on ebay.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I have piles and piles of cash stacked too...or, what I mean is that my bank has my piles of cash...and it's all just numbers...you want to talk about a panic...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread