you never know whats gonna be in dem rolls part II

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you never know what's gonna be in dem rolls part II

DSCF3162.JPG DSCF3164.JPG DSCF3163.JPG DSCF3163.JPG

This was from a few boxes over the winter too, just after christmas. I think someone printed a bunch of these and sold them during the holiday rush, them dumped all the ones they didn't sell

I mean really, an asian tsunami ender? gotta be the weirdest one of all time. the only other one that comes close is a Muhammad Ali ender I found a few months later. Gotta get that one up in "Part III." Coming soon.

I swear I find way more weird stuff than I do silver

Upvote 0

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Those are cool SFB, I have hung onto most all of the painted and sticker coins I have found ( I don't find them often), I just think they are kinda cool myself. HH, Maverick. Oh, you should post some of the enders in the ender roll thread.

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 817073 View attachment 817074 View attachment 817075 View attachment 817075

This was from a few boxes over the winter too, just after christmas. I think someone printed a bunch of these and sold them during the holiday rush, them dumped all the ones they didn't sell

I mean really, an asian tsunami ender? gotta be the weirdest one of all time. the only other one that comes close is a Muhammad Ali ender I found a few months later. Gotta get that one up in "Part III." Coming soon.

I swear I find way more weird stuff than I do silver

:laughing9: I started getting coins like that the end of November thru the middle of January along with NIFCs (2010-2012) that had water damage on them. The gold plated coins were mostly sports (Yankees & Mets, some basketball stars along with a couple of country & western stars & the 2006 Tsunami). They were all damaged, the gold plating & printing were all peeling off or peeled off in spots all ready. I called these coins "Sandy" coins as I think they were dealers stock that was damaged by "Sandy" & being worth only 50 cents they were finally dumped by the dealers. Because of the damage to the coins I have kept none & dumped them all. Yesterday I found a gold plated Santa Claus coin which was also peeled off in spots. I dumped it also. I know how you feel finding weird stuff. It just comes with the terrority.

HH
Gary

OP
OP
SilverForBrains

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing9: I started getting coins like that the end of November thru the middle of January along with NIFCs (2010-2012) that had water damage on them. The gold plated coins were mostly sports (Yankees & Mets, some basketball stars along with a couple of country & western stars & the 2006 Tsunami). They were all damaged, the gold plating & printing were all peeling off or peeled off in spots all ready. I called these coins "Sandy" coins as I think they were dealers stock that was damaged by "Sandy" & being worth only 50 cents they were finally dumped by the dealers. Because of the damage to the coins I have kept none & dumped them all. Yesterday I found a gold plated Santa Claus coin which was also peeled off in spots. I dumped it also. I know how you feel finding weird stuff. It just comes with the terrority.

HH
Gary

That is very cool, the coins you're describing sound exactly like the ones I've been finding! It started in January, so 2 months after Sandy. Would've been just the right amt. of time it would take for someone to recover their items and pump them back into circulation. At first I had a box here and there that were loaded, and then it tapered off. I still find one here and there, just last week I got another one of those baseball/breast cancer coins. I think that's great someone else is finding them. Water damage was my guess also, the ones without the screen printing look like they had it once but the prints soaked off. there is kind of a moldy/oxidized residue left behind. Thanks for sharing! HH

OP
OP
SilverForBrains

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are those colored coins silver or just clad coins painted?

Sincerely, Garoulady

They're plated, they just look colored on one side because some of the adhesive from the prints is left over. at least that's my theory

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread