Four branch country drive

jamesandsons

May 14, 2013
WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I left work this afternoon after I couldn't stand it there any longer, and took off on a 2 hour, 55 mile round trip CRH spree that I've been plotting for weeks. Stopped at 4 branches of my bank to pick up rolls that they wrap at each branch. My standard order was $200 in dimes and $40 in nickels. Added $30 in cents to that at the final branch.

Also asked for halves from the tray at each branch. The only place that had any was stop #3. I bought $9.50 worth from my teller, then another $1.50 from the other teller on duty. While taking care of that, a third teller appeared from the back and asked if I wanted his too. I said of course, and he brought out $7.50 worth. All of the halves were clad, but I was happy to buy them to get a foot in the door. I didn't want to be selective about it and get them thinking about which ones are valuable if they aren't doing that already.

I came out $1 ahead already on the clad halves, when I discovered the 3rd teller gave me $3.50 in change for a $10 for the $7.50 in halves. Poor kid was so happy to get them out of his tray that he ended up paying for the privilege.

Looking forward to opening more rolls this weekend than I ever have. Excited about getting branch-wrapped rolls too for a change; hoping that by hitting that many different branches, I might strike something really good.

Upvote 0

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
next time you are in the bank give the teller back his dollar they will thank you for it trust me.

OP
OP
J

jamesandsons

May 14, 2013
WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
next time you are in the bank give the teller back his dollar they will thank you for it trust me.

That's a great idea. I'm probably not going to be back that way for a while, but I will do so the next time I go around there. Might pay off in the long run, but is a good karma thing to do either way.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
I'd go so far as to call them to let them know you discovered the mistake, and that you'll settle up next time. They'll almost certainly tell you not to bother, but it will further cement your relationship with them, and they'll (hopefully) remember you when additional halves come in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread