Another decent week, my bag results and my vault teller got fired!

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey guys, well this week was really busy and interesting, so, first lets start with my finds, I did pretty good this week again, and as last week, these came from about 4-5 of my boxes, I searched 12 boxes and 1 $1000.00 bag again this week ( nothing special in the bag). Ok, so my totals were 25 40's and 9 90's :hello2: from 12 boxes! The coolest find was the 2003 Silver Proof! I knew from the edge of it in the roll it was something different.

Now for the bag ( the pic of the Obama coin and washer and foreign) that was all that was in it and a ton of broken glass and trash and 1 Magicians coin, so what does this tell me, well, I'm thinking that where ever these bags are coming from they may have Silver in one of them since they didn't kick out the foreign, washers, or Magicians coins, I could be wrong but, I'm going to try a few more and see what I find, the bag said, if I'm reading it right, Vyastar on it, not sure if that is the machine it came off of or not, it was dated just a few days before it was shipped to me.

Ok, now for the teller issue, so I went into one of my pickup banks, kinda an odd one were people keep changing over, and picked up my 4 boxes, well, the one teller that was left that I did know says to me that they fired my vault teller and that this would probably be the last order I could get from them, seeing as it is just not profitable for them to order me boxes every week, she said for me to leave my phone number and when she gets back from maternity leave ( she's like 8 months+ pregnant) she would call me and see if she could order some every once in a while for me, I think I'm just going to leave that one alone.

So, it seems that my boxes to finds ratio is improving again, a little more towards the normal side again which use to be about 1 in every 4 boxes giving up something, we'll see how next week does, I'm hopping for a good bag next week, I'm hoping that I didn't miss out on a couple of good boxes getting the bags so far. Hope everyone else did good this week! Ok, gotta go and rebuild my gate this afternoon, so I'll try and check in every so often through out the day. HH, Maverick.

Attachments

• DSCN6355.JPG
    DSCN6355.JPG
    164.2 KB · Views: 128
  • DSCN6356.JPG
    DSCN6356.JPG
    164.1 KB · Views: 160
  • DSCN6357.JPG
    DSCN6357.JPG
    162.5 KB · Views: 152
  • DSCN6358.JPG
    DSCN6358.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 146
  • DSCN6359.JPG
    DSCN6359.JPG
    149.7 KB · Views: 147
Upvote 0

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Nice finds! I really love the modern silver proofs!

I agree with your logic about the bags. I'd definitely keep getting those when possible.

HH!

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome week man!!

I think im going to try asking for bags from one of my pickups this week. I do like the idea of finding a loaded bag before it gets mixed in with all the regular dumps!!

HH

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Ft and info, ya, I'm hoping my theory is right, still waiting to find that loaded bag though, I would think if the machines they are coming off of reject Silver then there wouldn't be any of the Magicians coins and other stuff in there, I hope I'm right but, so far, no Silver in them:BangHead:, what worries me is that the last 2 weeks that I have recieved the bags from this branch ( she orders me 1 bag and 2 boxes every week) the boxes have been really good and I'm wondering if getting the other 2 boxes instead of the bag would have ben more beneficial to me, oh well, we're allways going to miss out on something though right, lol. HH, Maverick.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you can always sacrifice a 40%er to the bag gods, to see if it gets thrown in their. Since you are buying the bags anyways...

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
you can always sacrifice a 40%er to the bag gods, to see if it gets thrown in their. Since you are buying the bags anyways...

Hey CoinFetcher, I'm buying the bags from Brinks, I would try that if I had coin machines in my area, but I don't, they are just able to order me bags. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Figured I'd let you guys see today's weekend project, I was tired of this damn gate sagging and dragging the ground, it is a pain in the but to open and close everyday to get my work trailor in and out of and the gates weighed a ton( or so it felt like at the end of a work day, lol) so I put 4x6's at the ends sunk 4ft deep in the ground to start and decided to just buy these steel gates( 26lbs each) and just use self tapping screws to put the wood planks back on with, no more sagging gates or stupid wheels at the bottoms, I am also running chains from the tops of the posts to the bottom of the posts next to them for support. I'm no carpenter so, I don't need the ridicule from the wood workers on here thanks:occasion14:. HH, Maverick.

Attachments

• DSCN6360.JPG
    DSCN6360.JPG
    270.1 KB · Views: 145

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The edge on that silver proof is quite a sight. Reminds me of a silver eagle.
I also like the update on what else you got going on in your life. Reading and seeing stuff like that gets me excited for and looking forward to home ownership, as weird as that sounds. I am by no means a handyman, but I can't wait to try!

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
The edge on that silver proof is quite a sight. Reminds me of a silver eagle.
I also like the update on what else you got going on in your life. Reading and seeing stuff like that gets me excited for and looking forward to home ownership, as weird as that sounds. I am by no means a handyman, but I can't wait to try!

Ya, the edge looked bright white next to the clad in the roll, I knew it was something special before I pulled it out.

You are seeing 1 of the many things that I needed to do but didn't have time to before because of CRHing, it was just taking up too much of my time to fix things that needed it, it is so nice to have some time to do them now instead of being in the dang house searching skunk boxes, lol.

Home ownership is great, this is our first house ( soon to be another rental) it's close to being paid for and going to be an income property for us, I'm ready to buy some land and get away from civilization some ( just tired of all the D-bags in our society today), I'm not too keen on having neighbors close to me, our house actually sits on 2 lots so we have a lot of room and a big yard front and back and it is not in a subdivision ( can't deal with stupid HOA telling me how to live) we live 2 blocks from our lake ( you can see it from my driveway) and are in a prime location. The only down fall of owning a house is, you never seem to be done:BangHead:, there is allways something to fix or do, lol, but that is also part of the fun of owning and not renting. HH, Maverick.

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Gate looks good - congrats on the silver proof. Fences make good neighbors!

Maine_Jim

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Can you post a pic of the other side of the foreign coin to the right of the 1999-S clad proof? I am just curious what it is, I don't see enough on the side you showed to ID it.

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gratz on your finds Maverick, good to see your luck turned around. I love seeing those thick sharp silver edges, i had one this week but it was a 69S, i assume it is 40%, but it sure is shiny )

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Gratz on your finds Maverick, good to see your luck turned around. I love seeing those thick sharp silver edges, i had one this week but it was a 69S, i assume it is 40%, but it sure is shiny )

Yes, it's 40%.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions