Finally!!! 1955-S!!!

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I know it's nothing too special but it was the final Wheatie to fill the last missing spot in the series!!! Now all I have to find to have every wheatie (all found CRH) is a 1909-S VDB...probably will never happen but they are still out there!!!

Maybe one of you nice folks has a spare you would like to send me!!! :-)

image-4173328811.jpg

Upvote 0

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
You found a

1922 plain, 1914 d, 1955 ddo, and a 1909 s crh?

How much do u search

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
It took you that long to find a 1955s?! I have found a few of those and about every single wheat that isn't a key or semi-key. lol

jamesandsons

May 14, 2013
WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many of them did you get from CRHing? Any of the really valuable ones?

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! How long have you been building this set? What do your key dates look like? I love to hear stories like this.

OP
OP
Coin Town

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
You found a

1922 plain, 1914 d, 1955 ddo, and a 1909 s crh?

How much do u search

I got lucky one time when my brother worked at a bank and someone brought in a bucket of rolled coin to deposit. Since this bank decided to unroll them all and send them to the vault to e counted he bought it for me! It had most of the early years in it! This is how I also filled my quarter collection including all of the 32's...it was definitely a once in a lifetime find!!!

OP
OP
Coin Town

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
How many of them did you get from CRHing? Any of the really valuable ones?

Most of the key dates i found were in a collection dump my brother snagged for me when he worked at a bank...some lady brought in a ton of rolled coin and his bank was going to put it in a bad to verify it with the vault. He noticed what was inside and bought the bag for me!

The rest had taken me over 500,000 cents searched to find

OP
OP
Coin Town

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats! How long have you been building this set? What do your key dates look like? I love to hear stories like this.

Most are pretty crappy looking! I already had a few of the key dates from my grandpas collection so I had a great star when I first got into it when I was 5 yrs old...I'm now 30...so it's take. A LOOOONG time!!!

OP
OP
Coin Town

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I would say all in all I have found about half theough CRH...the other half was part of my grandpas collection and the collection dump I scored a few years ago!

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
I got lucky one time when my brother worked at a bank and someone brought in a bucket of rolled coin to deposit. Since this bank decided to unroll them all and send them to the vault to e counted he bought it for me! It had most of the early years in it! This is how I also filled my quarter collection including all of the 32's...it was definitely a once in a lifetime find!!!

It is this reason why I am going to work at a bank when I turn 18....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread