Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not from the Pacific NW but it's the same as anywhere else. Ask for coins, search coins, return non-keepers.

denomi

Apr 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm on the other side of the state but over here my best luck is with US Bank. The two branches I frequent are awesome and really helpful.

Right now there is a flood of 2012 dimes coming in... not sure if it's the same over there but just something to keep in mind.

OP
OP
Joe777Cool

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not from the Pacific NW but it's the same as anywhere else. Ask for coins, search coins, return non-keepers.

Thanks for the insight :dontknow:

Looking for what banks have coin counters, banks that are/aren't crh friendly, and any other friendly pointers

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the insight :dontknow:

Looking for what banks have coin counters, banks that are/aren't crh friendly, and any other friendly pointers

Sorry Joe, it was kind of a general question so I gave a general answer. Didn't mean to sound like a smarty.

Check out this website Washington Banks

It hasn't been updated in a while but should provide you with some info as where the banks are complete with addresses. It's organized by bank which is especially useful if you're an account holder of a given bank or two.

Good luck, safe travels and happy hunting!

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Joe - I'm going to be out there for ~3 weeks in July also. I'm going to hunt as much as I can also. Maybe I'll run into you!

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Regardless of the way the question was asked, it just seems presumptuous to ask. You're asking about what banks are friendly, etc.
The only way people would know is if they frequent the banks. I know I wouldn't tell someone the location of banks I get coin from. Now the dump banks.........

OP
OP
Joe777Cool

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Regardless of the way the question was asked, it just seems presumptuous to ask. You're asking about what banks are friendly, etc.
The only way people would know is if they frequent the banks. I know I wouldn't tell someone the location of banks I get coin from. Now the dump banks.........

Presumptuous? I'm not asking for locations and specifics. There aren't any banks in the area that I am familiar with and I have a very short window to CRH. I'm in the area to visit with my sister who has advanced stage non-operable brain tumors and will be taking my 9 year old nephew out to have some fun and so some treasure hunting. If you take me as a threat to your turf, then that is very sad and selfish.

OP
OP
Joe777Cool

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the CRH Alaska thread:

"If you're doing halves, try to get the bank to order boxes from out of state. Most of the time they'll give you SecureTrans bags which are all local stock and you'll quickly be getting your coins back. CWRs and teller trays are good usually. Dimes get ordered from out of state so no real worries there. The only major setback is just limited supply, lack of constant influx of fresh coins, and finding a bank that will order boxes from out of state consistently."

What a genuine response.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live, work, play, and CRH in the Seattle area.

Lots of halves. Almost every bank will have SOME halves. I have my little spots I like to go. Downtown Seattle is surprisingly 'okay'

Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions