Well Shame on me

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I went to buy some bullion with a couple of bucks I had and the normal LCS that I go to was wiped out. They only had bullion rounds. I really don't like rounds at the moment but asked anyways. the guy quoted me 25 dollars per round. I told him silver was down to 19.50 an ounce. (and I do know they need to up it a bit but this seems extreme) and he told me it was because it was getting more expensive for them to get the silver so their premium went up. someone brought in some half dollars that the store put into their junk silver bin. I bought those two for 18 bucks, then got home and checked coinflation. the 2 halves that I bought for 18 bucks was worth 14 dollars. crud, I need to find a different store. when I mentioned online services the coin shop said if I ordered from online, I would have to wait 2 months for my silver. has anyone ordered from Provident or gainsville and how long did it take from ordering to receiving your goods?

Sincerely, Garoulady

Upvote 0

sjlund

Dec 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Provident is selling $1 face of half dollars for over $17 plus shipping. Premiums are just that high right now.

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
provident sells 1oz silver rounds for roughly $1.69 over spot I believe. It takes about 2 weeks to deliver to the best of my knowledge. Now, if your LCS does a money order in the mail for a large amount then it might take in excess of a month.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Before the crash to $23 silver, my average order from Provident took 3 weeks.
Many are buying on the dips, and orders may be taken by some PM mail order houses, even with no inventory on hand.

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Been reading Ampex and Provident metals both take about 8 business days or so for shipping.
Wicka :-)

SilverHoarder07

Oct 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My personal provident experience was the beginning of this year. Paid by check in mail.:.20 days from check being mailed to delivery at work.

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Provident usually took about 5-7 business days for me. But unless you are looking to sell it right after you buy it...it doesnt really matter does it? Once you buy it, the price is locked in for better or worse, so its pretty much the same as a LCS only probably cheaper. Only downside you cant play with your silver ASAP.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread