My recent finds with photo

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't post much because I rarely find anything spectacular. The occasional War Nickel or 40% in between skunk boxes, but I have found a few things recently that I thought might interest a few of the numismatists. First I'll start with with the non photo finds. In the past month, I did 4 nickel boxes and found 6 war nickels and a buffalo. It had a clear date, but it was common. I still like finding those though.

I also did 2 boxes of pennies and I found some cool stuff.
-a 1930 wheatie with about 8 other 40's and 50's
-a blank planchet. I can't tell if it is a type 1 or type 2. I'm pretty sure type 1 because there isn't a distinct edge. It just feels slightly raised, but that could just be the effect of punching out the planchets. Sorry for no photo, but feel free to search ebay to see what I'm talking about.
-a 1998 Wide AM. I know it isn't the most valuable, but I started setting aside 98-00 and 92's to go through in batches and I finally did. This was a fun find. It's in pretty nice condition, so it's probably worth a few dollars, but I plan to keep it. Too much work for not enough $ to justify selling it. Searching varieties often feels like work instead of fun, so I try to limit my quantities I do at one time. no photo here either because the date and AM are on opposite sides. I can't really "prove" my find.

I'd love to hear thoughts on the finds above, but now on to the finds that have photos:
First is what might be PMD, but I'm not convinced it is. hopefully the photo is clear enough that someone can weight in. Is this nickel PMD or a strike error?

Finally this is my biggie. I "THINK" I found a 1970S small date. I tried a lot of things to get a good photo, but I couldn't get one straight on that still had enough light to see it. I hope that someone can weigh in on this. If you do think it is a small date, any thoughts on condition?

Thanks everyone. I hope you enjoy the couple pics. I appreciate all of you that take the time to post your photos. It does take a little effort so I try and do it from time to time, even if my finds aren't dream boxes!!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread