Me: 1, Sniping Teller: 0

RamsesII

Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Just did the usual Sat am CWR run and asked at a bank that hasn't ever produced anything. Have suspected a sniping teller. This time he said he could sell me $9 in halves. He plopped them into $1 piles, clink clink clink clink clink CLANK clink clink clink. Our eyes met, and he and I both knew there was silver in that one pile. He flipped it over, muttered, "Oh," and begrudgingly passed them to me. He knew, and I knew, that I had prevailed because he missed that one. Got to the car and checked it out - boom - 1964!! All the rest of the $140 or so in CWR from other banks was skunked.

I'll remember this silver conquest for a while. And so will he. (Probably won't ever get silver there again though)

HH

image-1832833998.jpg

Upvote 0

Bad Wolf

Dec 6, 2012
Carmel-by-the-Sea, California
Detector(s) used
Nokia Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score, and easy to see why he might have missed that one. Wondering why you bother going there, though, if it never (until today) produces and has a sniper teller?

kd5txx

Nov 5, 2009
Lexington KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
I say keep hitting it. I have banks that always seem to pay off and ones that have nothing for years...but then one day they py off big time.

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice and comical write up! good going!

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Never used one, but am interested
Primary Interest:
Other
GOT 'EM!!! Dang man, sometimes you just 'know'...at least now you KNOW for sure. Keep gettin' that silver!

Golden Eagle

May 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep it up... I battle some sniping tellers and if you're going in anyway, it's worth the battle.

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Never used one, but am interested
Primary Interest:
Other
I asked a teller if i could see a dime in her tray today and she responded "if it's a silver one, I'm keeping it!" :icon_scratch: I was like chill lady! "I'm looking for dates. I'll trade you a silver dime if it's a date I need." She got pretty confused.

OP
OP
RamsesII

RamsesII

Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
Tell her you're looking for platinum dimes minted in very low quantities in 1971. Then just turn and walk out.

izer54

May 9, 2013
Illinois
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just did the usual Sat am CWR run and asked at a bank that hasn't ever produced anything. Have suspected a sniping teller. This time he said he could sell me $9 in halves. He plopped them into $1 piles, clink clink clink clink clink CLANK clink clink clink. Our eyes met, and he and I both knew there was silver in that one pile. He flipped it over, muttered, "Oh," and begrudgingly passed them to me. He knew, and I knew, that I had prevailed because he missed that one. Got to the car and checked it out - boom - 1964!! All the rest of the $140 or so in CWR from other banks was skunked.

I'll remember this silver conquest for a while. And so will he. (Probably won't ever get silver there again though)

HH

View attachment 821160

Way to battle and win out over that silver sniper teller. I'm battling one also and came away with a 1993 silver walking liberty dollar (for face value:headbang:) while he was probably away at lunch and I got a fill in new teller who didn't know any better yet ;) Keep up the fight....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread