sign of addiction?

thing

Aug 8, 2009
I have a credit card with citi bank that has a 10,000 limit, Right now they are offering me a balcance transfer tell 8-2014 with no apr and a 3% fee. So it will cost me 300 up front. Do I take the 300 hit up front and then just go to town for the next year? I mean 300 dollars isnt cheap and the entertainment value of crhing has gone down because of scarce finds, so i am debating if it is worth it? However of a side note I cud use the money as a real balance transfer and cover some interest accuring debts

Upvote 0

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go for it 2 good weeks will cover the fee.

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a credit card with citi bank that has a 10,000 limit, Right now they are offering me a balcance transfer tell 8-2014 with no apr and a 3% fee. So it will cost me 300 up front. Do I take the 300 hit up front and then just go to town for the next year? I mean 300 dollars isnt cheap and the entertainment value of crhing has gone down because of scarce finds, so i am debating if it is worth it? However of a side note I cud use the money as a real balance transfer and cover some interest accuring debts

You can't get cash with a balance transfer...that would have to be a cash advance and that $&#% ain't 0% APR that's for sure!!!

MT_Joe

Feb 22, 2013
Ferndale, Montana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Other
You can't get cash with a balance transfer...that would have to be a cash advance and that $&#% ain't 0% APR that's for sure!!!

Some cards have the option to balance transfer to a checking account. Just takes a few days longer than the cash advance.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't do it!!!!! Unless you are very disciplined, In one year your 3% APR will run out, you won't have your balance paid off and you'll be paying 27% apr on a $10,000 balance. That's a hole you won't be able to dig yourself out of. I would be conservative on this one and just build up my bankroll.

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
I'm 17 and I know never lend, never borrow. My friends hate the fact that I never lend money, even a $1 because 99% of the time it's something they don't need. I would just try to build the bankroll. I've found that is the best way.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...However of a side note I cud use the money as a real balance transfer and cover some interest accuring debts

This is what I'd do, if it saves money.

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I probably wouldn't, if it gets lost or stolen then your really going to regret it. Buuut if you get loads of silver you might be happy with the decision.

But remember the first 15oz you find are basically putting you back to the start line.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread