NEW JERSEY

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can do 60 boxes and find 60 coins. But you'll also spend 150 in gas so the 3-5 bucks your making on each coin goes right in the garbage. Buy gold it's down 500 bucks huge payoff on the horizon there. Way better then the silver fluctuating 10 bucks. Gold was at 1700 a few months ago and is expected to drop to 900. Paydays for everyone. Welcome for the free lesson.

My experience has been the exact opposite of this argument. Teller tray/CWR is way less profitable than hunting ordered boxes for me in all respects: time committed, gas cost, distance traveled, etc. It is possible to go to one random bank at the corner of your street and find the mother load, but it is about as likely as ordering a box of halves that is solid silver. Both are more likely than finding cheap silver from an ad in a paper though.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok your just another expert who cares no one here ?? So go for it. I got my game down!! The more gold and silver goes down the more i buy. I picked up 2oz of gold and a monster to day from ups. Like I said I got my game tight!!

44_Dimes

Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
In my personal opinion (not trying to start anything), I have much better luck with teller trays then with boxes. I also find more than enough to pay for my gas. I don't remember a single week in the past couple months that my silver finds have not more than covered my gas cost. I may just be in a better area for tt and cwr, but I am making a nice profit off of random tt scores mixed in with my boxes of dimes.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gas ??? when you hang up your bike then you can talk about gas? In years to come silver will go way up thats what most of us see . Not a few dollars of gas! I only go to 7 banks on my big day and there not that far apart. So for 28 boxes I use ? 2 gals of gas and find 30 or so silvers. Plus its my hobby that pays for it self its a win win for me. It sounds like its a bad hobby for you sorry.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread