NEW JERSEY

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a good idea!!! My work is on fire or I would. If your looking for cust rolls there are none!!

OP
OP
T

Tomfromnj

Feb 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm looking for the old crusty zip lock bag under the counter. 4-5 of them throughout the state will produce about 150 coins

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go for it. My area is dry I've never found a cwr silver but have found a few teller tray silver's. Let us know how you do!

OP
OP
T

Tomfromnj

Feb 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah the only reason I'm thinking of doing that is because my partner found a tiny little score of 27 40s sitting in a zip lock back at a boa. So I'm thinking at least a few throughout the state are sitting on tiny little treasures like this. Might turn out nice.

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually did find a dusty ziplock bag of halves in a bank in jersey last month. I think it had ~$50 in halves in it. It had silver in it, but it wasn't a lot. Maybe 1 or 2 40%'ers. I'll update if I get a chance to look at my log. I'm pretty sure that's the only silver from new jersey cwr/teller trays that I have found and I have been in a LOT of banks all over jersey. Good luck!

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best find is right under your noses. I just ordered 30 -10oz bars from provident the one with the snake for $202 per bar. That's the find of the day if you ask me!! That last monster I ordered silver eagles for $21.20 per coin!! The heck with zip lock bags. Am stacking large.

Jyorsky

Sep 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO
AT GOLD
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heading to Newark Monday thn to Niagara Falls Canada, any suggestions

DaytonaRacer

May 21, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV,
Fisher F22,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been hunting every bank I come across here in NJ and have scored exactly ZERO silvers. Most banks don't even have any clads. Going to have to spread out the net a little wider and see if I can't score something somewhere. After all of my troubles I'd settle for even just a single silver. I can't even find any Ag in the coin counter returns - only clad.

OP
OP
T

Tomfromnj

Feb 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Daytona you must be looking in the wrong places. Me and my partner between the both of us are around 90 silvers total. All from teller trays or draws. Jersey is def not dried up you just have to find the diamonds in the rough. Silver surfer from nj on here just pulled 27 40s from a draw in nj. I could do 28 boxes like Tim and pull 60 coins a week but that seem like to much searching and dumping for me. To each is own Tim your totals are really nice just not how I wanna get mine. Your silver bars are nice. Would love to see a pic

Jyorsky

Sep 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO
AT GOLD
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks....I guess it is just the luck of the draw.....will let you know next weekend

DaytonaRacer

May 21, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV,
Fisher F22,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Well Daytona you must be looking in the wrong places. Me and my partner between the both of us are around 90 silvers total. All from teller trays or draws. Jersey is def not dried up you just have to find the diamonds in the rough. Silver surfer from nj on here just pulled 27 40s from a draw in nj. I could do 28 boxes like Tim and pull 60 coins a week but that seem like to much searching and dumping for me. To each is own Tim your totals are really nice just not how I wanna get mine. Your silver bars are nice. Would love to see a pic

Maybe I just live, work, and race in dry areas. I did, however, find my first silver Rosie in a local supermarket coinstar this afternoon. :)

jr98119

Sep 21, 2011
The Paris of Appalachia
Detector(s) used
bare hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's there, sometimes. I was on a trip to NJ a few weeks ago and stopped in a bank in my old home town (which is now a very wealthy and upscale suburb). The teller had 2 rolls. The first gave 2 90% and 1 40%. The second gave 10 90% and 2 40%!

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Stopped CRH in NJ about 2 years ago, myself. Finally realized it was a HUGE waste of time.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like I said 1000 times I work for a living and coin roll hunt for fun and buy piles of silver for the safe. Last year I found 922oz and this year I found so far about 320oz I made $42 at a coin counter today And a pound of funny money. Someone left the change in the return the tube. The tube is tilted back. Am still doing 38 to 44 boxes a week am happy with that for now.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been hunting every bank I come across here in NJ and have scored exactly ZERO silvers. Most banks don't even have any clads. Going to have to spread out the net a little wider and see if I can't score something somewhere. After all of my troubles I'd settle for even just a single silver. I can't even find any Ag in the coin counter returns - only clad.
Nj HAS no cust rolls just coin counters you have to do 50 boxes to stack hi!!!!!

OP
OP
T

Tomfromnj

Feb 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No even remotely true. I have had a 15 2/13 14 2/9 and a 26 in cwr. Yesterday I found a nice little spot inside a supermarket out of 4 dollars there was a 64/68. Guys says they have a little over 500 more but need to come when the teller is there. (Today )

OP
OP
T

Tomfromnj

Feb 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can do 60 boxes and find 60 coins. But you'll also spend 150 in gas so the 3-5 bucks your making on each coin goes right in the garbage. Buy gold it's down 500 bucks huge payoff on the horizon there. Way better then the silver fluctuating 10 bucks. Gold was at 1700 a few months ago and is expected to drop to 900. Paydays for everyone. Welcome for the free lesson.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread