May 9, 2013
Illinois
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
scan0001.jpg

Got my 5 halves boxes today and got

2-40%
1-57'ben

But I have a hell of a story to tell. Before all that I was at Mcdonalds today getting lunch and got change for my number 3 meal and when I got back change today I noticed a weird coin and leaned in closer and saw....1910 beat to hell barber quarter:headbang:. Stole my breath away and just got a thought to ask for more change in quarters for the "tollway" to see if by any chance there could be more......wait for it....from the same register tray.....wait for it.....3-standing liberty quarters:headbang: also beat to hell and 7-washington silver quarters!!!!:hello2::hello2::hello2::headbang: I can't stop thinking about this and my wife is sick of me talking about it....I couldn't wait to get home from work to post. I'm going to go get a lottery ticket now. It's my day.

Upvote 0

hrnewsome

Jun 19, 2013
Wow! That's sweeter than their sweet tea!!

If I don't find silver it's not because I'm not looking!

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice score izer. And good job going back for the rest of the old coins.

stlcardinalsfan

Jul 4, 2013
southeast missouri
Primary Interest:
Other
had somthing similar happen a couple years back

i was a cashier and a woman paid for her cigarettes with 5 dollars in early 40's and 50's silver quarters that looked flawless.......snatched them suckers up so fast lmao!

OP
OP
izer54

izer54

May 9, 2013
Illinois
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Miracles do happen ! amazing day - just gotta wonder how those ended up there !

All I was thinking about is there more silver in all the other trays? I wonder if somebody didn't come in an pay for a meal with grandpa's old stash? Also, I wondered how many times has silver slipped into my hands and passed along before I knew about this wonderful hobby/obsession? My heads hurts from all this thinking ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread