Which banks have coin cointers.

Cerulean

Dec 1, 2006
Washington, DC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both Commerce Bank and Chevy Chase Bank have self-service coin counters in their branches, free for non-members.

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Nextier Bank in and around Butler County, PA has self-service coin counters in some of their branches. Great customer service, and I can get halves and turn them back in at the same branch. (the coin i dump into the counters gets sent to a different place than where they get the new boxes from). The counters are free for customers.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DrDetector said:
....the coin i dump into the counters gets sent to a different place than where they get the new boxes from). The counters are free for customers.
WOW a dream bank.
Just park your motor home near the front door, have brinks drop off at your door step and make a few dozen trip into the bank everyday. ;)

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Just about! I have two boxes delivered Tuesdays and two Fridays. I don't want to order more than that as it could lead to me not being able to order any if it gets to a ridiculous quantity and the wrong person thinks it's not cost effective, you know?

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TCF Bank and Wells Fargo in the Twin Cities both have self-serve coin machines in the lobby so the tellers are not bothered with lifting the coins just the paper receipts. To date, the only issue I have is that one machine kicks out about 50% of the halfs as rejects. Just touchy I guess.

Stainless Steet Rat

May 15, 2006
The Richwood Banking Company, plain city branch has a coin counter. I use it for my cleaned up coins that I find with my MD. It will even reject silver coins because I put a few silver roosevelt dimes in by mistake before. It is free for account holders.

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
In Columbus, Ohio, most large National City Banks have free coin counters. And if you want the best, CS Bank has a fantastic free coin counter---perfect calibration, fast, accurate, open on Sundays, and you can dump all your coins in at once.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions