Half Dollars- how many fit in a bank coin counter?

THUNDERCHIEF

Jun 19, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350;
Garrett AT Pro;
MineLab Pro Find 25.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
Other
There's only two ways to find out: ask or try it. Just dump kinda slow your first time so the machine doesn't jam - atleast until you figure out what the thing can handle. - Jonathan

OP
OP
THUNDERCHIEF

THUNDERCHIEF

Jun 19, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350;
Garrett AT Pro;
MineLab Pro Find 25.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do you guys see for limits when you dump half dollars?

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most machines hold either 500 or 1000 in halves before needing switched... My main dump banks dont have bags, and dump right into a big bin. Ive seen a guy dump 5k in halves at once, I have done 2k many times, but usually do 1k at a time.

Hope that helps

HH

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It totally depends on the machine. Around here there are counters that fill up at $100 and others that fill up at $32,000(my main dump bank). I dump as much as I can carry into a bank in a bag at my regular dump bank which is about $1500.

lovelylea

Oct 3, 2011
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My bags took $500.oo to start, then 3 years later all the branches lowered it to $250.oo. Saying it was due to the bags not filling and sitting in the machine. SO it all depends in what they set it at!

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It totally depends on the machine. Around here there are counters that fill up at $100 and others that fill up at $32,000(my main dump bank). I dump as much as I can carry into a bank in a bag at my regular dump bank which is about $1500.

Holy cow $32000? Is that rihht? Man that would be so cool- to only have to go to one branch once a week to dump- that would be my dream

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy cow $32000? Is that rihht? Man that would be so cool- to only have to go to one branch once a week to dump- that would be my dream

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

It is. I actually confirmed it the other day because they can run a report to see what percent full the machine is. I"m friendly with the tellers and they didn't mind running the report before and right after I dumped. I put $1500 in and it filled it 3% of the way. I usually only dump $1500-$2000 at a time on them. One reason is because it is tough to carry more than that in loose coin without coming in with a dolly or something. Another reason is that I don't really like making more than one trip in with coins in the same visit, though I have on occasion. The last reason is that I end up clearing out a large number of their $50 and $100 bills and I think more than $2000 in large would be a bit much to take from them. I actually hit a bunch of their branches during the week and none of them are very far for me, so it works out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread