Money down the toilet - bummer

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Well when it rains it pours. Our toilet clogged up and we had to call Mr. Rooter to fix it. This is an ongoing battle and finally he said he can put one in that won't clog up. I am making sure of the warrenty on this because this is going to cost 650 dollars which include installation. So there goes my CRHing money and I had to withdraw some funds off my line of credit loan. My mom doesn't have the money to pay for it what with our 1000 dollar property tax we just paid and the 1000 dollars we had to pay for our horses hay. for 250 bales, man that's a lot of money. People are asking why doesn't I sell my silver and I tell them that its my "Losing the house" funds. I have to go dump my 200 dollars in nickels still and then return our new toilet, only 2 weeks old, and that 137 dollars will go into the 650 for the new toilet. But we have a second toilet thankfully and I will take a clogged toilet over not having a working tub/shower for 7 months.

Then I had to go get radiation treatment after not having one for 2 days. They must have given me a double dose because afterwards I was throwing up, naueseous, extremely tired and running a low grade fever. It was one of those days that I just wanted to curl up on the couch and make friends with Mr. Diet Vernors.

On a good note, I did find a 1964 dime in my till at work. Not the best find but any silver is better than no silver.

Sincerely, GarouLady

Upvote 0

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
Obviously you've never had a horse...

does a horse produce money? do you use it to run electricity maybe? I guess you could eat it for meat or ride it around town for transportation??

If the answer is no for those it's just a stinky animal

Sonny01

Sep 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
does a horse produce money? do you use it to run electricity maybe? I guess you could eat it for meat or ride it around town for transportation??

If the answer is no for those it's just a stinky animal

Well, I guess we know what not to get you for Christmas...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess what? Both my parents died of cancer a few years ago, my fiancee had breast cancer, and my sister has a stage 4 brain tumor she is going through treatments right now. I have traveled 3000 miles and spent the last 3+ weeks helping to take care of her. I know a thing or two about cancer, but like I said this isn't the place to talk about it. If everyone brought their troubles and issues on to this forum it wouldn't be a very fun place to visit.

I feel badly for Garoulady, I sincerely do and I hope that she overcomes her illness. HOWEVER Treasurenet is NOT the place to talk about this kind of stuff.

So glad I visited Treasurenet today to be reminded of all this.

It is not your job to decide what belongs in a forum, that is mods job. You hit report post, if post or thread is moved or deleted then a mod or several decided it needed to be, if it remains untouched then a mod decided it was okay as is.

Please in future just report issues in private and don't attack member who posted..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Garou, Im sorry to hear that!!

Dont sell your silver!!! Always other ways to get fiat currency.

HH

OP
OP
GarouLady

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Well for anyone who cares, toilets fixed. Thank goodness. Still when it rains it pours. Went out to start car and go to treatment and car won't start. Called tow guy and there's another 70 bucks that my insurance company will be reimbursing me (it was my CRHing money dang it - LOL) but found out that it was my ignition switch. another 250 down the tubes but its better than paying for a new car.

As for those getting on me about the horses. I love horses, they are a serious amount of work and if I had my way we wouldn't have them. But they are my mom's, who has schizophrenia, and they are the only reason she gets up out of bed twice a day to take care of. So we'll keep them, I will probably grumble about it, but I rather take animals any day than people. They don't judge you like humans do.

Appreciate all the well wishers and Mods support. I figured even though this is about CRHing I could come here and talk to my friends, my silver warrior brother and sisters in arms. Some have embraced me with open arms while others snarl. Karma can be a very nasty little demon, trust me I know but even to those who attack me I will welcome. We are all human after all.

Sincerely, GarouLady

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A) This fits into CRH because crh are being used to finance.
B) Sounds like someone is buying one of those newer style toilets that have a "flush assist" - either vacuum or pressure assisted.
C) Horses, like any hobby - is why we work for a living - so we can buy the things we like - from horses to metal detectors, or money to buy coin rolls.
D) Horse manure is great for a garden!!!!! Growing your own healthy food. And they are not an investment, per se - its not always about money, sometimes, its about being able to ride into a wilderness where your ATV isn't allowed.
LAST, but certainly not least - when we join a forum, like Tnet - it may start out just being for "fun", but, we get to know people, some of the folks on Tnet have become friends - real friends - folks on Tnet have mourned deaths together, celebrated marriages and babies and grandbabies together, fought together and debated the world's events together. So, why not other personal things together. You don't have to read them if you don't want to, but, you could maintain a little decorum.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
B) Sounds like someone is buying one of those newer style toilets that have a "flush assist" - either vacuum or pressure assisted.
C) Horses, like any hobby - is why we work for a living - so we can buy the things we like - from horses to metal detectors, or money to buy coin rolls.
D) Horse manure is great for a garden!!!!! Growing your own healthy food. And they are not an investment, per se - its not always about money, sometimes, its about being able to ride into a wilderness where your ATV isn't allowed.
LAST, but certainly not least - when we join a forum, like Tnet - it may start out just being for "fun", but, we get to know people, some of the folks on Tnet have become friends - real friends - folks on Tnet have mourned deaths together, celebrated marriages and babies and grandbabies together, fought together and debated the world's events together. So, why not other personal things together. You don't have to read them if you don't want to, but, you could maintain a little decorum.
Glad to see you are still the voice of reason Mrs. O. Glad to see you back and posting. You should stop in more often. This is the more volatile (for lack of a better word) forum though. Many of us don't visit here (CRH) as often as we used to. Prime examples shown above.

Last edited:

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi there, glad to "see" you - we went out "prospecting" last October and didn't get back until a couple of months ago - hope to be able to have time to do some catching up!!

Mrs.O

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very true.

OP
OP
GarouLady

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Not to mention when the you know what hits the fan and gas can't be found and that car sits like a hunk of metal. I can at least still saddle my horse or harness her to a cart because she both drives and rides, I can go to the store or a neighbor's house to get supplies. Thanks for the well wishing. Got to go can some Dilly Beans. I have friends who will trade and pay money for these tasties. Yum!!

Sincerely, Garoulady

OP
OP
GarouLady

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi there, glad to "see" you - we went out "prospecting" last October and didn't get back until a couple of months ago - hope to be able to have time to do some catching up!!

Mrs.O

ohh prospecting?? Like for rocks? How sweet. Living in michigan all we have are petosky stones and sandstone. No gold to pan, to silver to find. Major bummer.

Sincerely, Garoulady

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Also garou, keep in mind that the toilet backing up is just a minor set back, don't let it cause you any stress. Cancer + Stress = Not Good. You seem fiscally responsible, so, I think you should be able to take out a loan. Go to several banks/CU's, and max out the number of personal loans you can take, you deserve it. After you do this, your stress should fall, you might be in debt, but who cares if you are going to beat cancer and come out alive and healthy.

Also, the mods of this site should setup a sticky so people can donate to your cancer fighting fund. If you had a sticky with contact info to give people your paypal address for donations I'm sure you'd have extra cash.

OP
OP
GarouLady

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Horses are really nice to have in the country. But they are a serious amount of work. Like having pets, its a labor of love. (though when your water pipe at the barn freezes and you have to lug buckets through knee high snow 2x a day, you sometimes rethink things. LOL). Got a line of credit loan at my credit union. I just really hate to pull money out of it. Hate using credit cards to pay bills. Would help if brother paid me back the 2600 he owes me and the 26000 he owes my mom. Once I get onto my mom's computer I'll post pics of my horses if anyone is interested. (oh and btw, they are going up for sale up on the Michigan trailriders website.) Gotta go get zapped again.

Hugs and love, GarouLady

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions