Skunked!

mrbelvetron

Jun 15, 2004
Cleburne, TX.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
Got $260.00 in halves yesterday (or what was supposed to be $260.00) and no silver. A few nice ones that I swapped into my books but nothing special.

To top that bad news off, there was only $257.50 worth of halves in the rolls. Five of the rolls only had 19 coins. The bank teller said there wasn't anything to do but I'll go back to see the branch manager on Friday.

Have any of you had to deal with this and if so, how was it taken care of? It's only $2.50 but it's the principle of the matter you know? I also understand that it's hard to take people at face value these days and I could just as easily keep five and say I didn't get them, but a bank should give out what they say they're giving. Some of the rolls had verified written on them but that was only two out of all the rolls.

Upvote 0
B

baseballbandits

I drove 85 miles yesterday and visited 18 different banks only to get a grand total of 1 1968 half dollar. I am getting the vibe that more and more bank employees are "wise" to silver....making it harder and harder for the rest of us. But as everyone says "keep trying" and you will eventually hit some. :-\

B

baseballbandits

This is a funny incident I thought I would include.
A few weeks back my freind and I were CRHing and he asked this teller if she had any halves....well after looking around she gave him 3 rolls ($30). Then after the teller had just finshed handing him the rolls, another teller says "hey! I was saving those rolls..." needless to say, my freind gave the teller a puckish grin and proceeded to leave w/ the 3 rolls. (2 of the rolls were all silver and 1 loose silver in the 3rd roll, so 41 out of 60). We had a good laugh about that as we drove off. :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread