ARE YOU SITTING DOWN FOR THIS!!!!!!

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've gone 6 boxes in a row with no silver. I went 12 boxes once with just 9 40% through all of them.

I quit for a while after all of that, haha.

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
expletive! expletive! expletive! What a disappointment! Sorry to hear about that. Maybe it's just the calm before the storm.

OP
OP
D

DOCC77

Jan 13, 2007
Ive done exceptionally well with the last 3 boxes of nickels.Alot of silver and war nickels..but these haves are escaping me somehow....

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Doc....I am sorry to hear that. I have only been able to get one box so far and only had two (40%) keepers. I am so new to this I am sure it will happen to me eventually.

I have boxes ordered at about 4-5 banks now.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lejeuene said:

Haha, dang girl, take it easy! I might have to start doing the same thing though if I can find another bank to drop off my coin at.

I would hate to bring 3k worth to the same bank every week.

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bscofield6 said:
lejeuene said:

Haha, dang girl, take it easy! I might have to start doing the same thing though if I can find another bank to drop off my coin at.

Don't bring them to the same bank. As long as you have an account with the bank it will be no problem to bring the returns. I opened an account a one the major banks because they have more branches in town and surrounding area.

I am thinking about opening another account at another major bank because of the same reason....more branches...more options in the area.

tw656

Jan 13, 2007
Yes, I have been through numberous boxes with nearly nothing. It is a hassle, and kills the fun. I have thought about quiting. But then I start to find good stuff again. This year I have been lucky with halves and I have two boxes coming in on Thursday. I am pretty excited. I have noticed with some banks I almost always get nothing in their boxes. Luckly I found a bank I do reasonably well with.

Searcher

E

el_gral

Hey man I feel for ya im almost done with my box and its looking like its gonna be a SKUNK! I tried a new bank today because i cleaned out my original bank a few days ago, but this one doesent feel too lucky.

OP
OP
D

DOCC77

Jan 13, 2007
My wrappers are white with brown stripes...Im going to Bof A tomorrow...

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lejeuene said:
bscofield6 said:
lejeuene said:

Don't bring them to the same bank. As long as you have an account with the bank it will be no problem to bring the returns. I opened an account a one the major banks because they have more branches in town and surrounding area.

I am thinking about opening another account at another major bank because of the same reason....more branches...more options in the area.

I bring my current $1500 every week to the same bank. It is the only bank in my town that I am aware of that has a coin counter.

No other Chase bank in town will take my coin.... I have been blacklisted, haha, they all hate me here. They won't give me coin either.

bigtime400

Jan 27, 2007
the moon
I would say that the color of the wrappers is jsut a coincidence. I have found silver in both. I was thinking the same thing as you but then I found a walker in the yellow rolls so they are in there. I was freakin' out one day when I went to a bank and they had diffrent boxes. But once again.... it was all good. I was used to the flat ones and I got a more square box.

No other Chase bank in town will take my coin.... I have been blacklisted, haha, they all hate me here. They won't give me coin either
I worry about that.... I took 4000 in halfs to the main branch of my bank cause they gave me a hassle. I just started searching rolls and just started ordering and so far I have 3 banks getting me 4 boxes each.

Ohh.... and here is how good it can get sometimes. One lady at the bank asked me what I looked for so I went ahead and told her I collected coins, and she offered to pull any out that she found and set them aside for me when I come in to get my boxes. I said... "well that would be fantastic!" I think she has the hots for me....

crapshooter

Jan 18, 2007
lejeuene said:
bscofield6 said:
lejeuene said:

Do you rewrap them before returning? I'm really new at this *lol*...only bought one roll so far and 1964 was oldest I had

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
crapshooter said:
lejeuene said:
bscofield6 said:
lejeuene said:

Do you rewrap them before returning? I'm really new at this *lol*...only bought one roll so far and 1964 was oldest I had

I just bring mine back in those large cloth bank bags. About $500 per bag is all the tellers can carry in one hand, haha, they are pretty heavy.

I need to up my volume I think.

silverfinder37

Mar 24, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
looking for an Explorer
we all have days like that at times. my last 10 boxes have been dismal to say the least.
continued sucess though.
Best Regards, Ray

Smithrow1

Aug 2, 2006
I went thru 6 boxes this month and only found 4-40%. Worst month with my boxes. I get the yellow wrappers but I do better with the brown.

RaptorSE

Sep 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE SunRay X-1
8 boxes for me during January. Couple good ones, mostly bad ones. Totals below are
exactly what came out of all 8. (unless you read this after Feb. 7th haha) Hoping Feb. will have some "Shockers" - I need a lift of spirit, especially with Silver on the rise again....

Dont get discouraged, the skunks are inevitable and every day, we remove that much more
from circulation. But theres always "next box", and it could be loaded.

Good luck !!

Lets all hope the supply out there can hold up to our scavaging for a couple more years... ;D

bigtime400

Jan 27, 2007
the moon
well I got a big stinky skunk today. $3000 in halfs and 7 40% and 4 poofs........ not one of my better boxes. They all looked marked like they had been looked through too.
UPDATE
New 1000 dollars in half update. I cleaned house on this one. All of them were in Yellow rolls too. 4 franklins, 3 64s, 17 40%, and 4 nice 87s

OP
OP
D

DOCC77

Jan 13, 2007
well I did 11 boxes of halves for the month of Jan and up to today,My totals were:

FAT GOOSE EGG=TOTAL......TEN SKUNKS IN A ROW FROM 5 DIFFERENT BANKS!!!This isn't looking promising at all.Dont know if to order two more boxes or dump the whole Idea...Not a happy camper today!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread