Question for my fellow Coin roll hunters.

kd5txx

Nov 5, 2009
Lexington KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
I have a bag full of foreign coins from people doing just this. And for some reason I have found Susan b Anthony dollar coins in rolls. I don't mind those but can't understand why it is done.

A

Ag_Forager

It is probably done by accident. I found a guitar pick in a roll that also had a 64 Ken. Now who would do that on purpose?!

mAGma

May 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a bag full of foreign coins from people doing just this. And for some reason I have found Susan b Anthony dollar coins in rolls. I don't mind those but can't understand why it is done.

You got those things our of CWR? or out of MWR?

OP
OP

24k dreams

Oct 28, 2012
why would somebody do that? That seems immoral and possibly illegal.

I'm talking about adding to the roll. I would never do it to rip someone off. Maybe a fellow CRH will get your roll and then keep your "surprise" and maybe even add one himself. I know it's not the name of the game, but I was curious. Lets not get overboard here, I'm not gonna add a silver coin or key date in a roll or anything like that.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's a great idea. if you're in a bad mood throw some washers in there too

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's kind of like the small item idea with geocaching. washer joke aside, I think this is actually a good idea. you could start a thread about what you put in there and if someone finds it they could let you know.

OP
OP

24k dreams

Oct 28, 2012
For extra credit make a small run of coins. Some sort of cool logo on the front and on the back a slogan.

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
I've put a few dozen dateless buffalos back into circ that way, and a few scruffy IH's.

I remember my second time going to a bank this other CRH I ran into said he throws dateless and common buffalos back. I thought you were him for a second, but I realized you're in Michigan.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread