Im getting halves! (I finally broke down)

jamesandsons

May 14, 2013
WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm getting halves! (I finally broke down)

It took me all of 3 months to escalate from the gateway drug of cents, on to dimes and nickels, then to picking up small hits of halves - a few loose ones here, a few rolls there. Now I've finally reached the point of no return. Next Friday, I'll either be getting 2 or 4 boxes of halves, depending on what happens with one of my pickup branches. I inquired yesterday at my primary branch, and they weren't sure if they could order them for me - said there were sometimes limitations on what individual branches had the authority to do. I placed the order and gave them my cell number to let me know, and never heard from them. Today I stopped at another branch, to pick up dimes and nickels, and found myself asking if they ever ordered halves. The teller said she thought they could, then checked her book & told me the minimum order was $1000. I asked her to order them for me. So I've definitely got those 2, and maybe 2 more from the 1st branch depending on what happens.

Very excited for next Friday!

Upvote 0
A

Ag_Forager

Good for you. Look forward to hearing about your results!!

A

Ag_Forager

By the way, I thought the "gateway drug" reference was brilliant. I did a few boxes of dimes and one box of nicks early on but I'm stuck on halves now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread