OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
Its horrible. I hope this isn't the norm now. I used to get 40-60 silvers for every 10 boxes

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had two 40% kens and two proofs in 10 boxes early this week. It sure sucked. I feel for you. But the good news is that it is today, and I have twelve new boxes to pick up today.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man, i know how you feel, i am on a 15 box skunk streak with my brinks boxed halves...

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
I had two 40% kens and two proofs in 10 boxes early this week. It sure sucked. I feel for you. But the good news is that it is today, and I have twelve new boxes to pick up today.

My last 12 boxes have up one 40 percenta and two proofs man I'm stacking away whooo!!

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear ya guy...

I did 11 boxes today and found 3 40%ers... and on top of that im borrowing a relatives car cause mine is broke down, and their car only gets 15-17 MPG... So I really got hosed today. lol

HH

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow that sucks, still better mpg than my truck though!
I hear ya guy...

I did 11 boxes today and found 3 40%ers... and on top of that im borrowing a relatives car cause mine is broke down, and their car only gets 15-17 MPG... So I really got hosed today. lol

HH

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Sorry to hear - you won't find much luck in boxes these days as the competition has depleted most boxes and a lot of the sorters reject the silver which leads the silver to the tellers tray who mostly cherry-pick. After hearing CRH ask for halves on a daily basis or reading it on the web or seeing commercials about getting rich quick from walking into banks and asking for coins it is hard to find a bank these days that aren't wise to the old silver train!

Maine_Jim

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
Sorry to hear - you won't find much luck in boxes these days as the competition has depleted most boxes and a lot of the sorters reject the silver which leads the silver to the tellers tray who mostly cherry-pick. After hearing CRH ask for halves on a daily basis or reading it on the web or seeing commercials about getting rich quick from walking into banks and asking for coins it is hard to find a bank these days that aren't wise to the old silver train!

Maine_Jim

And I thought the competition was stiff when it was just richhartford and I doing twenty a week each.
We'll I'm prob gong to do a few more large orders. If they don't get better I'll concentrate on dimes. I average one to two a box atleast then I'm not wasting my time

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, my 12 boxes ended up being 5 boxes...and they were all skunks. Well, worse than skunks...I found a Jamaican 50-cent piece. Sag, you'll have to back me up on this...but I'm guessing it is worth about 15 cents based off of a few searches I have done for Bahama currency.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I found a Jamaican 50-cent piece. Sag, you'll have to back me up on this...but I'm guessing it is worth about 15 cents based off of a few searches I have done for Bahama currency.

Is it Bahamian or Jamaican? I need the date and condition too (post a picture).

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its horrible. I hope this isn't the norm now. I used to get 40-60 silvers for every 10 boxes

No one has posted averages like that in quite some time.

Nice to see you back. :icon_thumright:

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How is 1 40% is 10 boxes "not bad?" I understand there were 9 proofs, but they are generally not worth much over face.

because it was 1 and not zero? with many people having skunk streaks of 30-50+ boxes at least he found SOMETHING!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread