OP
OP
D1MES_101

D1MES_101

Aug 7, 2012
USA
Primary Interest:
Other
I hate it when tellers ask you how much it's worth and your like idk (and I'm a horrible lier)

44_Dimes

Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
If they ever ask me what I'm looking or in the coins I get I usually just tell them that I'm looking for any older coins. If they ask if I find anything valuable I usually just say something along the lines of "every once in a while, but most of the stuff that I find is just cool from a collectors stand-point." They always seem to accept that answer. Also, since I'm seventeen, I just tell them that I'm a collector and it's just something fun for me to do over the summer/when I get board.

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whenever I go to a bank and see silver in the teller tray or halves, I guess I smile and the tellers get suspicious and don't wanna sell me anything

I hate my smile

:laughing9: How do you know you are smiling? Seriously, you could just tell them that you are a collector & looking for coins for your collection. That's what I do. If the coins are in their tray, they don't own them the bank does & they should sell them to you. Just tell them you need change of a dollar & make sure those coins are in the mix. Ex: if it is a dime, ask for 10 dimes. Most tellers put those coins on the bottom of the row of coins in their tray. Tell them you want the bottom 10 dimes not the top ten dimes. Try it & see what happens. Good luck.

HH
Gary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread