Upvote 0

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got home from 'overseas' since October '12 and had to get back into it this week!! The wife and I picked up the following and had some decent results...

$370 crw halves - 10 40%
$300 crw halves - skunk
$1000 bag of dimes from coin machine - 5 silver Rosies

Not too bad of a week I guess..

:hello: Welcome back. Are you in the service? Your lucky to be able to get bags from a coin machine. Around here the banks won't sell bags. 10 40s from $670 crw isn't bad. I take it they were from several different banks. What the years of the 40s?

HH
Gary

OP
OP
U

Uncleslick18

Oct 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah. I'm in the army reserve. Just got back from Afghanistan.

There's two banks that are like 20-30 miles from my house that sell me bags regularly. It's pretty awesome, last year when I was doing it consistently I would get at least one bag of dimes, and like 6-8 bags of pennies each week, which is great.

I'm getting back into it slow for now I guess, lots of bills and a 1 year old. But I can't wait to find more silver!!

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
Yeah. I'm in the army reserve. Just got back from Afghanistan.

There's two banks that are like 20-30 miles from my house that sell me bags regularly. It's pretty awesome, last year when I was doing it consistently I would get at least one bag of dimes, and like 6-8 bags of pennies each week, which is great.

I'm getting back into it slow for now I guess, lots of bills and a 1 year old. But I can't wait to find more silver!!

6-8 bags of pennies?! O.o please hook me up!

OP
OP
U

Uncleslick18

Oct 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
For a while I was doing 4-5 hundred worth of cents a week. Kind of a pain, And there is admittedly little profit in it, but I enjoy running the reydale, and finding wheats and Indian heads. I've started listing $100 lots of the copper cents on eBay, sold a couple, but the 10-15 dollar profit hardly seems worth it. I just do it because I enjoy it. I've probably found literally $100 fv in wheats, and I have found 7 Indian heads so far. And I still have 3 Home Depot orange buckets to sort through.

Needless to say my basement is a mess

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
For a while I was doing 4-5 hundred worth of cents a week. Kind of a pain, And there is admittedly little profit in it, but I enjoy running the reydale, and finding wheats and Indian heads. I've started listing $100 lots of the copper cents on eBay, sold a couple, but the 10-15 dollar profit hardly seems worth it. I just do it because I enjoy it. I've probably found literally $100 fv in wheats, and I have found 7 Indian heads so far. And I still have 3 Home Depot orange buckets to sort through.

Needless to say my basement is a mess

Haha. I'm doing 4-5 hundred a week in cents by hand. The profit comes from errors and varieties.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for serving our country Uncleslick18!! And congrats on getting back and finding some silver, I hope you have many liberty bells to be found in the near future and maybe a couple ladies draped in American flags! ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
U

Uncleslick18

Oct 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Haha. Thanks buff.

Copper, I would agree but I know next to nothing about stuff like that, and I don't have the time to do it all by hand... Just to educate myself, any good literature on the subject? Websites or books? Let me know, I'd love to start learning about that kind of stuff. My volume may be going way down because the machine was acting up pretty badly this week

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
Haha. Thanks buff.

Copper, I would agree but I know next to nothing about stuff like that, and I don't have the time to do it all by hand... Just to educate myself, any good literature on the subject? Websites or books? Let me know, I'd love to start learning about that kind of stuff. My volume may be going way down because the machine was acting up pretty badly this week

Cherry picketes guide, LINCOLN CENT RESOURCE!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions