What would you do? Coinstar or roll?

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
I have about $110.00 in cents to wrap. I have $175 sitting in my wallet, and I want to go dime hunting hunting today since most banks are open until 6 or later. I will spend close to 3 hours wrapping, which is 3 hours lost of some hunting. I need to get these wrapped and have the money for dimes or take them to coinstar and take an $11 loss.

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
Your bank does'nt have a no charge coinstar machine??

Nope only 1 takes bags but I limit it to 2 bags a week. The rest of the branches at all 6 of my banks don't have coin counters or take bags, at least to my knowledge. The one that does have a coin counter 2 in my town alone, you have to be 18 to have an account there, and my parents won't open me an account.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I would reroll them. You could always get a dream roll and repay the $11 loss, but chances are that you will get skunked or get a couple of keepers, which will not pay back the fee. However, if you are not short on money and just want something to search, I would go for it.

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
I would reroll them. You could always get a dream roll and repay the $11 loss, but chances are that you will get skunked or get a couple of keepers, which will not pay back the fee. However, if you are not short on money and just want something to search, I would go for it.

Yeah I made over $11 in copper sales, so I'm not really losing money, but I'm still losing money you know? One bank did say that I could give them bags, but it would be subject to count and credited into my account on Tuesday. I'll just do that probably and my $50 came in so $225 is enough to do dimes bank to bank.

jamesandsons

May 14, 2013
WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's another idea: child labor. Do you have a little brother or sister or neighbor kid? If you could hire them to roll your pennies for less than $11, it saves you the labor time and some cash. They might even take some zinc pennies as payment!

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
I already offered my sister $7 to roll all $110. She was like "$7.00 an hour take it or leave it." And I was like "I'm glad you know not to work for slave wages. I'll just wrap it myself."

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

:coffee2: I agree with sagittarius98 to reroll them. It might not take as long as you think & the extra $11 would be good for 2 more rolls. You say the banks are open to 6PM or later so you would still have extra time for the hunt before they close. Plus I hate to pay fees to anyone if I can avoid it.

HH
Gary

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
I just dumped them in bags at chase "subject to count" will be credited into my account next Friday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread