$5 in pennies from the grocery store

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stopped at the store to get some milk and went to the grocery store bank. The teller only had 8 rolls so he had to go to the vault and get 2 more rolls. ..

ForumRunner_20130719_122219.png

Too bad they will only sell 10 rolls to non business customers. My first Indian head penny ender!
Hh

Upvote 0

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Never used one, but am interested
Primary Interest:
Other
What date did it end up being? That's funny to see that ender with all those new coins surrounding it...

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
Nice, I haven' had an indian since April! I've only had one indian ender. It looks to be in fairly nice shape too. What years was it?

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a 1901 but the front seemed to be badly and improperly cleanef possibly for jewelry. I'll try and post a picture later.
I was real surprised, this truly shows that you can score good coins even with small volume!

coinguy*matthew

Mar 30, 2013
N.H.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a 1901 but the front seemed to be badly and improperly cleanef possibly for jewelry. I'll try and post a picture later.
I was real surprised, this truly shows that you can score good coins even with small volume!

I have seen on other forums people that have stumbled across a recent dump yielding key and semi key dates. Some peoples relatives either steal or inherit their elders collections, not knowing what to do with them they take them to the bank and deposit them.

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
I have seen on other forums people that have stumbled across a recent dump yielding key and semi key dates. Some peoples relatives either steal or inherit their elders collections, not knowing what to do with them they take them to the bank and deposit them.

I'm gonna pull one of those key/semi keys. I have yet to pull a semi key or key

jamesandsons

May 14, 2013
WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What got me and my boys started on this back in March was opening about $20 in rolls we got to use as weights for a science project, and finding 3 indian heads, a 1909 VDB and a few other early wheats. It had to have been an accidental collection dump. I'd say that if you find indian heads at all, the odds are good that it was a collection dump.

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_0001.jpg IMG_0002.jpg pretty bad looking chief, huh? But still a first for me getting an indian head penny ender and an unusual one too mixed in with all the solid 2013 rolls. I am going to try and go back and get more, but the head teller at the supermarket branch is a tough person to deal with... so i doubt i would be able to even swap out rolls for new ones. ..

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that is very true, I agree.
What got me and my boys started on this back in March was opening about $20 in rolls we got to use as weights for a science project, and finding 3 indian heads, a 1909 VDB and a few other early wheats. It had to have been an accidental collection dump. I'd say that if you find indian heads at all, the odds are good that it was a collection dump.

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
When I get Indians I almost always never get anything else special with them, like 5 wheats and that's it.

BenVA

Sep 16, 2003
SW VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, White's MXT, Tesoro Compadre and Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice. I am still looking for my first Indian from CRH'ing.

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find on the Indian cent BB. Found one myself this week, a 1907, but it wasn't an ender. 112 year old enders get the blood pumping.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow thats awesome BB!!!

I love indian heads, but dont have the patience to search for them :P

HH

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome on the Indian head and a Ender at that.I know the feeling,we got our first ever IH the other day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread