Picked up $58.50 worth of halves from a branch, out of the 8.50 loose I saw 6 silvers

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked up $58.50 worth of halves , I see 6 silvers out of the 8.50 loose

Man oh man today was sweeeeeeet!!!

Decided to hit up a bank I hadnt stopped at in a month or so, and was trying to waste some time because another bank told me a teller had 260$ in CWR halves but didnt start for a couple hours(was skunked in the end then).

But the one teller had 5.50 loose and I saw a few silvers mixed in, and asked if anyone else had halves, and the other teller said he had 53$ worth, 3$ loose he passed over first had silver in it as well. Then he handed over the rolls, just plain newer rolls, no markings. I of course asked if the same customer brought everything in, and he did bring in all the halves, and 4 ikes, which the ikes were a bust, no type 2's out of the 2 I checked.

Well I finally opened the rolls, I wanted to open them at that banks parking lot, but there was alot of business in and out, so I didnt wanna freak out if they were full of silver. haha

Sure enough, I look in the first roll and its silver on the top, and then the bottom, so I plop the coins out and it was almost all silver, had a few clad mixed in, roll 2, same thing, roll 3 same, roll 4 same, roll 5 solid!!!

Ended up scoring 96 40% coins!!!:hello2::hello2::hello2::headbang::headbang:

Or 48$ face value of 40% silver!!

Definitely brightened my day!

HH all!!

IMG_0281.JPG IMG_0282.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is incredible, thanks for sharing... Go back and ask if that customer brought in any other coin rolls... even pennies and nickels just for the odds of finding more of a collection dump!
hh
buff

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whaatttt!!! That is awesome!!! Good job on finding this score. HH!
BRChiver

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Friggin awesome, man! Nice score. Definitely go back & get the dimes & quarters, too.

OP
OP
Infowarrior

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Naaa I asked and the guy only brought in the halves, and 4 ikes, which the ikes were a bust.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done. I've wondered recently, with the drop in silver, if we might see more 40% dumps like this. I've not hit CWRs in some time...I'm thinking I might give it a go.

OP
OP
Infowarrior

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMO I wouldnt think that spot price has anything to do with dumps like this...

Just clueless relatives who inherit "worthless old coins" lol. But who knows.

Definitely get out there, hit some "major drags" and hit every bank you can. If you dont grab up the silver, someone else will! :laughing7:

HH

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMO I wouldnt think that spot price has anything to do with dumps like this...

Just clueless relatives who inherit "worthless old coins" lol. But who knows.

Definitely get out there, hit some "major drags" and hit every bank you can. If you dont grab up the silver, someone else will! :laughing7:

HH

Don't remind me lol. I killed it in my AO 11-12. Just no time for bank hopping these days.

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what it's all about,Sweet!!

44_Dimes

Jul 13, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Huge score. About a month or so ago, I had a similar score in which I found 10 90%er's and 64 40%er's in $42.50 of CWR halves. I remember that same day you had picked up some CWR rolls as well and were hoping for similar results after seeing that one of them was a solid roll of 40%er's. If I remember correctly that roll was the only silver you found so it was slightly disappointing. Well... You beat me today. My score came out to just over 13 Oz of silver and if I did my math correctly, yours is nearly 14 Oz of silver. Anyways, it is a good feeling opening those loaded rolls. HH

jmb2email

Apr 14, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO 12" coil, DD 10" coil, 5.3 coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, just freaking amazing. Missed this the first day you posted. I keep daydreaming about having these kinds of hits. My best so far is 9 x 40% out of $28 CWR/Teller tray (which doubled my meager half dollar silver count!).

I must be in the wrong state!

JMB

hotrod

Bronze Member
May 12, 2012
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice score!
from the rims most of them look AU
are the in nice shape?

OP