Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Never used one, but am interested
Primary Interest:
Other
We have company this weekend, so no CRHing tomorrow. This is a killer for me as Friday and Saturday are pretty much the only days I can do any kind of volume. Today was supposed to be my half day at work...get off at noon. This morning I was informed that I would need to work until a little after 2pm. So 3:10 rolls around and I'm able to get out of work. Pick up two boxes and I go to dump $500 in Brinks clear wrapped dimes. I'm heading to the coin counter like I normally do when the teller calls me over and offer to take the dimes like they were. As she's going through the rolls the head teller comes up and the subordinate teller that's helping me asks her "Do you think taking this back is fine?" The head teller holds up two of my dime rolls and says "I don't know...This one looks shorter than this one. I don't think it looks right." I'm like, man, way to call out my integrity right to my face. The head teller says "Did you get these from here?" to which I responded "No, these are from Brinks. I think you guys are Garda, right?" Almost like, Hello! Garda has paper wrappers! The ones that you use every day! Then the subordinate teller says "Yeah, sorry, we're gonna have to have you run it through the coin machine." I say "That's fine.", just trying to keep things cool. Actually, I'm kinda mad about it though. It's like 445pm, and the bank closes at 5pm drive thru and all - and I know if I put a handful in at a time it should take about 20 minutes, but I also know if I put in all $500 it's going to take forever...<DUMP!!> So I dump them all in there at once and go sit down while the coin counter runs. I can tell when it gets to be about a quarter after that everyone is looking pretty unhappy with the coin guy holding them up from their weekend plans. The head teller is standing next to the coin counter watching every dime get counted...even taking my rejects and placing them back in the pot about every 5 minutes. So it finishes and the total is $492.30!!! Then I remembered this is that same coin counter I used last week and put 5 rolls of dimes in and the total came to $24.30! ARE YOU SERIOUS??? I started laughing out loud and say slowing "I know what this looks like, but this coin machine is seriously off..." She says real smug like "Oh, is that it?" I was SOOO mad inside. I thought about what this bank meant to me and how they were already a bit of a drive for me and I DID find a bank with coin counter that was like 10x's faster and much closer...so yeah. She closing down the coin machine with another guy. I say "So what happens when when you send this bag off to Garda and they find out that you gave them more dimes than you claim you did?" She says "Oh, I don't know. We never hear back from them." Then the guy pull out a handful of dimes from inside the machine. I was pretty happy to see them. "Well there you go!" Then he says "It's only this much..." It was like $1.50 or so...I'm just frustrated and I told her I didn't appreciate her calling out my integrity and I know that machine's jacked. But honestly, at the end of the day, she's going to feel like she was able to save her bank $7.70 from that punk coin collector by staying until 5:40pm. You try to do it right and stuff like this happens! I did find a couple Roosies today, so I guess it was worth it, right?

Upvote 0

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ouch...

Ya that was one drawback for dimes, is they get miscounted often... I had the problem of them being counted as cents... only maybe 10 out of 1000$ worth, but still that adds up and cuts into your profit, especially when a silver dime is only at 1.40$ right now. lol

HH

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
Just shake it off. There is no reason in getting mad about it. It happens. It's part of life. Just because you ha a bad day doesn't mean to tomorrow can't be better ;)

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya thats ine thing I dib t miss about dimes- being shorted almost every dump- but I found out after paying close attention some times it was the box which came short and not the coun counter- id say 1 outta 5 boxes came short-

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

OP
OP
Sleepy Holow

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
man, I just read what I wrote earlier and there are a lot of grammatical errors! It's not against forum rules if I call myself out, right? :tongue3: Thanks guys for the support. Felt good to vent my frustrations with you guys. Now I just need to get accordselux the address for this dump bank!

OP
OP
Sleepy Holow

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The other bank is faster and closer, thats a no brainer.

Yeah, man. Just found this bank last Saturday. Pretty pumped about it. I have 4 weeks of CRH left here in the big city, so hopefully I'll be able to use this new dump bank effectively.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was shorted $105 on a bag of quarters once. All told I'm up around $10K on CRHing. Not a bad hobby if you ask me. This sort of thing, just part of the game IMO, no matter how bitter the experience.

OP
OP
Sleepy Holow

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I was shorted $105 on a bag of quarters once. All told I'm up around $10K on CRHing. Not a bad hobby if you ask me. This sort of thing, just part of the game IMO, no matter how bitter the experience.

Yeah, I think I just got caught up in the whole "you're calling out my integrity." It wasn't really about the money today.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you held your cool rather well - I wouldnt have been so nice and absolutely would have dragged it out even longer so they had to stay later!

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I hear ya on the integrity thing - call me every name in the book, whatever - who cares! Call me a liar and prepare to fight!

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I think I just got caught up in the whole "you're calling out my integrity." It wasn't really about the money today.

Yup, I hear ya. I've had it happen a few times myself. Once I went back to the same teller a few weeks later, asked for CWRs and asked her to count them all out in front of me...to be sure the totals were accurate. :laughing7: ....they were not, of course. :laughing7:

She got the idea pretty fast.

Seriously though,in my area we mostly do coinlock bags referenced to our account number, so all accountability goes there.

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should have asked her if it was worth the $7.70 to keep paying all of her employees for an extra 40 minutes while she ran your dimes.

Last edited:

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should have asked her if it was worth the $7.70 to keep paying all of her employees for an extra 40 minutes while she ran your dimes.

It was to her some people some people don't care.:BangHead: Money didn't come out of her pay. But when the big dogs see all the OT crap is going to hit the fan on her.:laughing7:

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I demand a recount, run them thru again. We will work this out even if it takes all weekend.

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always dump dimes in smaller groups for that exact reason.

OP
OP
Sleepy Holow

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Encouraging news for this disastrous week...I just went and picked up four boxes real quick before we started today's scheduled activities with our company. Gotta do it! haha... Probably go through them tonight or tomorrow.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread