I have a new friend I think.

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
I was poking around Southeastern Oklahoma yesterday and stumbled across a small town bank which had a bag of halves $1000 total. I almost couldn't hide my excitement. The teller sugar-coated the cache by telling me the bag was a virgin. There was a Federal Reserve heavy twist tie and a official looking hang tag. I couldn't wait to examine my find so I ripped the twist tie off and looked inside. Expecting the best, I was shocked back to earth by a note which read "Ha Ha Ha, I already searched these.You're too late." At least I didn't have to search the 2000 coins. Cheers, Jim

Upvote 0

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, that's cold blooded. One thing about our group is we'd never stoop to childish things like that, unless it was to get back at a snotty teller who deserved it. ;D

RaptorSE

Sep 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE SunRay X-1
Wow, that is cold blooded. I would have chunked them right back on the counter,
and said... " Id like to cash these in ma'am ! "

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coolpix9 said:
At least I didn't have to search the 2000 coins.

I would definitely search those coins, you may not find 90% halves but you might find 40%.

A few weeks ago I got a sealed case and when I opened it I could tell every roll had been hunted and repackaged. I got 26 40% silvers in that box.

I look at every date. Whoever searched before me just looked at the edges and pulled the 90%ones.

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree with cyberdan.

There are many who do not know about 40%ers (and let's keep it that way) :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread