brinks sorts out silver now???

jmb2email

Apr 14, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO 12" coil, DD 10" coil, 5.3 coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well you guys may already know this but I just stopped by a local bank and the teller hands over my halves and states "you arent looking for silver ones are you? Because our brinks sorters now pull all the silver out."

WHAT?!?!?:BangHead:

Anyone else heard this? I am still going through the $200 I got and will post any finds. My box of $500 had no silver, no proofs, no errors.

JMB

Upvote 0

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
assuming that the brinks and other companies make extra money from banks for increased delivery volume, it would make more sense for them throw some more silver in to keep CRHers ordering more and more :P

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I pulled two from those rolls last night. Actually had the presence of mind to take a picture before opening the second roll, for the purpose of posting here when I have the time (pics at home; at work now).

I'll believe they're culling when I see some concrete proof or see some sort of announcement/press release from Brinks. Until then, I'm CRH'ing full steam ahead!

Every 6 months to a year, we have the exact same thread come along on every CRHing forum. Same start and same result. Several people, who have producing Brinks rolls come on and comment about how it can't be true because I have proof. EVERY REGION IS DIFFERENT. There are no absolutes in our hobby. If you lived where I live, you wouldn't be searching brinks plastic wrapped dimes for long, unless you were a glutton for punishment(like me). I've been CRHing heavily for several years and I can tell you something is up with the brinks dimes in my region. It doesn't really matter if they are pulled by brinks sorters, employees, or they all come from a machine (coinstar) that doesn't take silver...my brinks clear plastic wrapped dimes don't produce. That said, I have no reason to believe all Brinks locations are sorting/pulling silver. My results tell me brinks isn't pulling silver halves from my location, but it doesn't mean they aren't pulling halves at a different facility.

Btw, Someone will reference a Brinks policy about not pulling coins. People fail to realize how many facilities there are and how many opportunities there are for people to pull silver before the box/bag reaches you. In some instances, Brinks will partner with a major bank and use their facility. If a manager or employee has the same kind of 'CRHing itch' that we do, they'll have an opportunity to pull silver. Policy is not the same as legality and policy lines can become blurred when you're combining a bank and a courier's policies.

Last edited:

Golden Eagle

May 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every 6 months to a year, we have the exact same thread come along on every CRHing forum. Same start and same result. Several people, who have producing Brinks rolls come on and comment about how it can't be true because I have proof. EVERY REGION IS DIFFERENT. There are no absolutes in our hobby. If you lived where I live, you wouldn't be searching brinks plastic wrapped dimes for long, unless you were a glutton for punishment(like me). I've been CRHing heavily for several years and I can tell you something is up with the brinks dimes in my region. It doesn't really matter if they are pulled by brinks sorters, employees, or they all come from a machine (coinstar) that doesn't take silver...my brinks clear plastic wrapped dimes don't produce. That said, I have no reason to believe all Brinks locations are sorting/pulling silver. My results tell me brinks isn't pulling silver halves from my location, but it doesn't mean they aren't pulling halves at a different facility.

Btw, Someone will reference a Brinks policy about not pulling coins. People fail to realize how many facilities there are and how many opportunities there are for people to pull silver before the box/bag reaches you. In some instances, Brinks will partner with a major bank and use their facility. If a manager or employee has the same kind of 'CRHing itch' that we do, they'll have an opportunity to pull silver. Policy is not the same as legality and policy lines can become blurred when you're combining a bank and a courier's policies.

I think you're taking this all too seriously. CRH is about fun. :icon_thumleft:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I think you're taking this all too seriously. CRH is about fun. :icon_thumleft:
I agree, but many on this forum take roll hunting VERY seriously, and consider it an art and science. I think some may even depend on roll hunting for an income. Owassokie brings up some very good points.

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In urban areas it would be more lucrative collecting cans for recycle than CRHing. CRHing is about the hunt...lol

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha..true. From the amount of competition is my area. Can collecting must be quite lucrative and thrilling.

izer54

May 9, 2013
Illinois
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can almost believe it. I am 0 silvers in my last 20 or so brinks boxes

Well I got you beat and it's not a good thing. I'm 52 boxes into a skunk streak and seriously thinking about taking my CRH bankroll and just buying silver bars like Timzim does....Ugh,:BangHead:

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I got you beat and it's not a good thing. I'm 52 boxes into a skunk streak and seriously thinking about taking my CRH bankroll and just buying silver bars like Timzim does....Ugh,:BangHead:

My streak hit 55 last night :-(

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

izer54

May 9, 2013
Illinois
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ill race you to 60 boxes of skunk ;) Ha. If i still had hair i would be pulling it out.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill race you to 60 boxes of skunk ;) Ha. If i still had hair i would be pulling it out.

Lol- ive got 5 boxes to pick up today so its either the end of the streak-fingers crossed- or ill hit 60 tonight

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011

Yes, I used to do exactly that when I worked in the coin and currency section of a large bank. My manager didn't have a problem if we swapped out clad for silver, though technically it was against policy.

I went over a year with finding nothing from clear Brinks rolls, and believed firmly that there was no silver in them. Eventually I found a roll with silver, and couldn't believe my eyes. You may find that in your area as well. I do agree that silver is FAR more likely to be removed from clear rolls, just because it stands a much higher chance of getting noticed by someone. Doesn't mean that Brinks is pulling it though.

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seeing how long this thread is going to go....:occasion14:

izer54

May 9, 2013
Illinois
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I just hit 55 boxes of straight.............SKUNKYVILLE!!! I'm going outside in the rain to wash off the smell:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just hit 55 boxes of straight.............SKUNKYVILLE!!! I'm going outside in the rain to wash off the smell:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

Ever tried reversing your flow? If you order from Brinks and dump at Loomis you maybe fighting the flow from other CRH'ers in your area with higher volume.

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Never used one, but am interested
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not doubting you found one, but from the photo, it looks more like a UK 5p coin, or a Canadian dime.

Based on my experience and IMHO, the coin pictured is too thin to be a 5 pence coin and not shiny enough to be a Canadian. When I find one with a rim as nice as this one, 9 times out of 10 it's a '64/'64D.

Ranged

Greenie
Jul 16, 2013
Montréal
Detector(s) used
Garett euroAce
Primary Interest:
Other
Got my first box of quarter.
Box is from Garda, skunk.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jmb2email

Apr 14, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO 12" coil, DD 10" coil, 5.3 coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since we are now getting random posts here, or maybe folks are keeping the post alive??

I will be stopping into the bank that made this statement last week, tomorrow. I'll pick up a box of halves and post any finds.

*Fingers crossed*

JMB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread