Horrible Day Just Got a Whole Lot Better

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
So after searching through another 2 boxes of dime, and getting nothing, that puts my total at 4 sunk boxes. I was at the bank putting some money into my account for my halfs order I'll pick up Thursday, and I asked the teller if she had any coins for me. She said she had a box of nickels for me so I bought it to keep me occupied till Thursday. Figuring my luck I expected nothing. But once I started searching my luck changed. In the box I ended up finding 2 silver (43p, 43p) a Canadian nickel, a 51D (a rarer Jefferson nickel worth around 5 bucks), 2x 39's, 2x40's, 41, 4x41s's. And there was a bunch of other 40's and 50's in the box (I only keep the silver and pre-silver ones). I know my score isn't huge but it was the little boost of hope I needed haha. Can't wait to get my halfs Thursday, good luck to everyone!

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    1,023.3 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Upvote 0

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A '51D Jefferson is worth $10? Says who?

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think maybe you meant '50D...and it'd have to be in really nice shape to fetch $10.

OP
OP
Omega

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Haha I don't know, I needed it for my folder so I took it out of the bunch, then did a quick google search and it said 10 bucks, anyhow its safely in my coin folder now :D

hotrod

Bronze Member
May 12, 2012
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's the only jef I haven't found!

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Haha I don't know, I needed it for my folder so I took it out of the bunch, then did a quick google search and it said 10 bucks, anyhow its safely in my coin folder now :D

Don't ever use cointrackers.com for values. They are horribly inaccurate. The reason why they are close to #1 in the google search results is because people would rather think their coins is worth more then less, so the site gets a lot of traffic.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread