marking coins?

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we don't talk about this subject here LOL! this subject elicits some very strong opinions.

OP
OP
O

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
we don't talk about this subject here LOL! this subject elicits some very strong opinions.

Ok then why just put their name on them so we can write them a memo Like the Where's George on the 1 dollar bills:laughing7: Still don't get it.

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
I would only mark to see the turnover in my area, or my 88s so I don't spend 7 seconds checking every single one over again.

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
While i hate the idea of marking coins like spray painting them or marking them, just once I would like to do a "where's George?" For half dollars. Maybe like where's Ike? or where's Kenny? Just for one coin and let him go out into the CRHing wilds. Then wait the website and see him traveling all over the place. LMAO. Would never do it but the mental picture just cheers me right up.

Sincerely, Garoulady

OP
OP
O

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While i hate the idea of marking coins like spray painting them or marking them, just once I would like to do a "where's George?" For half dollars. Maybe like where's Ike? or where's Kenny? Just for one coin and let him go out into the CRHing wilds. Then wait the website and see him traveling all over the place. LMAO. Would never do it but the mental picture just cheers me right up.

Sincerely, Garoulady

sounds good let's play In the next two weeks I will mark a Ph. # on some halves I will deposit one in Wsconsin , 1 in Mc Henry Ill 1 In Willmington N.C. 1 in San Antonia 1 in Benton Iowa,1 in Simi Vally Cal. and 1 in Hawaii (big island) If anyone finds one call the # and I will reward you. with a Ben.
Hint # starts with 555

Midas_touch

Feb 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I mark all of the 74s that aren't DDO with black permanent marker. I blot out the Y in liberty on the front of the coin so I don't recheck it again if it ever comes back.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like your screen name onfire there was a utube video where some guy lit $4000 in halfs onfire!! We mark coin to track them. The easiest way to do this is spray paint them odd colors like the rain bow!! I think its wrong to mark useless clad. But to each his own!!

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like your screen name onfire there was a utube video where some guy lit $4000 in halfs onfire!! We mark coin to track them. The easiest way to do this is spray paint them odd colors like the rain bow!! I think its wrong to mark useless clad. But to each his own!!

I found a couple of coins that might have been in a fire.Might have been the guy's who set them on fire.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread