POLL: GarouLady Cancer Fund

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
First of all, I do not even know if I'm violating any rules in saying any of the following, please warn me if I am, I looked and I don't see any I could be breaking.

I personally think that there should be a sticky pinned to the Coin Roll Hunting subforum, a thread BY GarouLady for a T-net cancer fund directly to her. If every member chipped in a little, it would be worthwhile. It would give her extra coin-roll-hunting bankroll, so she could take life easy, and focus on the fun things rather than the stresses of it.

GarouLady, is one of the nicest members on this site, does not have much money (works as a Grocery store worker), and has absolutely no financial support for dealing with cancer. I feel a T-net Cancer Donation, would be a much needed physical, physiological, and financial gift to her. I says it once and I'm saying it again, not everyone has rapper kind of money, especially a grocery worker with cancer.

The purpose of this thread is to see what members would be in support of doing such a thing and to see if the site would permit it. Really one small stickied thread would not take up any space in the forum. I would also like GarouLady's personal opinions and if she agrees, I suggest she starts the sticky up as soon as the mods give the go-ahead. If she starts getting donations, it'll be like rolls of Ikes, half dollars, all sorts of coin rolls being chunked at the cancer until it goes away. I'm going to say you are a hardhearted person if you don't support such a thing.

Upvote 0

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's a great idea IF her story can be proven accurate. ..I say this only because it is a known fact that in the past some have not proven to be true...

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey fifty.. I would support this 100% my grandfather was lost to this horrible disease and we did everything in our power to make sure he enjoyed the time he had left. I for one could'nt imagine anybody finding fault in what you are suggesting.. A little bit of help from everybody would go a long way for somebody who would truly enjoy it..

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I would support it, and maybe have it located in both the CRH forum, and a general forum which would increase visibility. I know she does not metal detect, but there may be people who would like to donate who don't know her, and don't visit this section.

If every member on this site donated $5, she would receive $316,545.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I think it's a great idea IF her story can be proven accurate. ..I say this only because it is a known fact that in the past some have not proven to be true...

She does not appear to be the kind of person who would fake having cancer. The thread can be up there, no one is required to donate. I would actually recommend against a sticky, but rather a thread that gets regularly bumped. Some people (like me), ignore the stickies knowing they are the same always, and don't look at them. The newer members seem to have a trouble usually with getting to the Beginners Guide, so they might not see this thread.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry but cant use TN to raise funds with in the forums persue, it violates our rules. You can use it to announce an off site fund raiser as in picnics and you CAN DO ANYTHING YOU WANT VIA PMs....

Now if someone wanted to say offer items for saie in our classifieds, the member selling those items can do anything they want with the funds from the sale.

I do not think there would be any objections if the items that were offered for sale were on a highest bidder basis, or....

If someone wanted to say sell a nice shiney Lincoln penny for $5.00 there is nothing in our rules that forbids that, seller sets the price of items for sale.........

As always anyone offering something for sale has to be a charter member....

Hope this helps....

Last edited:

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think this would be a great idea. A lot of the folks on here have been on for a while and have formed bonds with each other.What better way to help our fellow coin roll hunters out.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[SIZE=+1]TERMS

[/SIZE]You may not... use the TreasureNet.com forums for any fundraising purposes.

You may not... request the donation of money or material goods, either to yourself or to any other person or organization.

You may not... sell, raffle, or auction items on behalf of any person or organization.

TreasureNet - Rules

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
TERMS

You may not... use the TreasureNet.com forums for any fundraising purposes.

You may not... request the donation of money or material goods, either to yourself or to any other person or organization.

You may not... sell, raffle, or auction items on behalf of any person or organization.

TreasureNet - Rules

I would love to know who made the rule of not being allowed to sell items for an organization. The only way it is a con is if the person selling the item promised to donate the funds and never did.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love to know who made the rule of not being allowed to sell items for an organization. The only way it is a con is if the person selling the item promised to donate the funds and never did.

This rule has been there since the beginning of rules here.

My understanding, & only going by "Hunch" the con you mentioned was probably one,
and Legal issues may have been the Other.

I know in PA you cannot put a Jar in a store asking for donations, Without a License/Permit to prove everything is leagle with the IRS Rules on Donations.
& in some states you may not even be able to ask for donations online or Via snail mail
just like contests are void in some states.

As I said, Only a "Hunch" I may be way off,
So please don't bother arguing My guess :laughing7:

Last edited:

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
This rule has been there since the beginning of rules here.

My understanding, & only going by "Hunch" the con you mentioned was probably one,
and Legal issues may have been the Other.

I know in PA you cannot put a Jar in a store asking for donations, Without a License/Permit to prove everything is leagle with the IRS Rules on Donations.
& in some states you may not even be able to ask for donations online or Via snail mail
just like contests are void in some states.

As I said, Only a "Hunch" I may be way off,
So please don't bother arguing My guess :laughing7:

Ok thanks, I didn't know it was illegal in some states to set up a donation. If there are legal issues I understand then.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that Online Fundraising site above may shed some light on what info people need to supply
in order to request funds.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What someone does with funds they receive from selling something on our classifieds and in PMs between members is their business as long as something isn't advertised as a fund raiser or auction on the forums.

Anything that happens between members via pms is private and TN is not responsible for disagreements or issues if they arise on items sold via pm...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

DrCaufield

Jul 25, 2013
This is a great idea! Good thinking! That completely slipped my mind! And yes before donating I would need verification she has cancer.

Seriously? What kind you need? You want to take a biopsy yourself. Or read the path slides? First off she didn't post it herself asking for help was a gesture by 50. Was never required to give and mildly degrading to ask someone to prove they have cancer to someone for 5$. What has happened to humanity I personally would risk being taken for 5-10$ before I asked someone to provide proof of a possible terminal illness. Perhaps thats just me

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
Seriously? What kind you need? You want to take a biopsy yourself. Or read the path slides? First off she didn't post it herself asking for help was a gesture by 50. Was never required to give and mildly degrading to ask someone to prove they have cancer to someone for 5$. What has happened to humanity I personally would risk being taken for 5-10$ before I asked someone to provide proof of a possible terminal illness. Perhaps thats just me

I just want proof if I'm going to donate is the thing. You personally would take the risk but i wouldn't. What has happened to humanity? I don't know my friend. You tell me. Meet me before you judge me.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread is going down hill and one of the reasons why a thread for donations is not allowed.

Rules still apply, not insults implied or other wise allowed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone set up the aforementioned on- line fundraising please!!!
Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread