"Unsearched" Coin Rolls

pennynoob

Jul 14, 2013
Arizona
Primary Interest:
Other
Has anyone ever bought an "unsearched" coin roll? I just bought one on eBay that has a 1946 dime on one end and a 1902 Indian head on the other. I figure ill break even with those I just want to see how "unsearched" rolls do. Its shipping now and ill post the results later on this week. POST YOUR EXPERIENCES BUYING UNSEARCHED ROLLS.

image-640582926.jpg

image-877167783.jpg

Upvote 0

mAGma

May 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
I want all of you to know i am just trying this for fun! If it works out good i might buy from the same seller and not risk a different seller. Im really risking like 5 bucks after the value of the enders.

I'm actually going to admit that I totally understand what you're saying. Ebay "unsearched" rolls aren't like getting bank rolls...usually what you're dealing with is people who take a roll of wheat cents, throw in a couple indian heads and maybe a dime or something cool and start selling them. It's not CRHing. and you're not going to come out on top in the long run, but i've bought a few for like you said for fun. Something to open up on my day off that i know has got a couple cool things in it.

That being said: don't do it unless you're looking for a cheap thrill

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These ads don't even seem remotely plausible. A silver dime on the end of an "unsearched" penny roll? Come on.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No comment....these threads always get me in trouble with the moderators.

Not taking the bait!!!

gmrestoparts

Mar 6, 2013
Georgia
Primary Interest:
Other
I have some "unsearched rolls" I can put together for you at the low low value price of $15 a roll shipped and I will put a silver dime on one end and a mercury on the other and fill the middle up with all the UNSEARCHED crap 40s and 50s wheats I have...just like those sellers are doing on EBAY...This is just a joke by the way, but that is what you will get. Leave the guy negative feedback to help out others before they fall for the scam. I bought 2 rolls from different sellers in the past, both were BS rolls, I filed complaints with PAYPAL and EBAY and got my money back and got to keep the rolls...

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I bought an unsearched roll for $5 once just to see what was in one of them. 49 wheats and 1 memorial cent. All of the wheats were 1937-1958.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I have some "unsearched rolls" I can put together for you at the low low value price of $15 a roll shipped and I will put a silver dime on one end and a mercury on the other and fill the middle up with all the UNSEARCHED crap 40s and 50s wheats I have...just like those sellers are doing on EBAY...This is just a joke by the way, but that is what you will get. Leave the guy negative feedback to help out others before they fall for the scam. I bought 2 rolls from different sellers in the past, both were BS rolls, I filed complaints with PAYPAL and EBAY and got my money back and got to keep the rolls...

From a seller's point of view, you are what is wrong with eBay today - The sense of entitlement. eBay sides with the buyer so whenever a complaint is filed, the seller is SOL. If you had been scammed by buying unsearched wheat cent rolls and you received a roll packed with memorial cents with wheat enders, then you have a legitimate complaint. But you aren't entitled to a mix of wheat cents from every decade in your roll. The large mintage of the later years (40's and 50's) in relation to the prior decades increases the probability that you will receive a larger percentage of common dates versus early dates. If you wanted your money back, you should have returned the rolls.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
From a seller's point of view, you are what is wrong with eBay today - The sense of entitlement. eBay sides with the buyer so whenever a complaint is filed, the seller is SOL... If you wanted your money back, you should have returned the rolls.

this

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I won't take the bait - my posting history speaks for itself. Not a great start to your posting history, I must say. eBay said you didn't "have to" return the rolls, but it doesn't make it right. It was a test of honor one which you failed.

I'm sorry, I gotta side with gmrestoparts on this one. Anyone that is selling anything on ebay with the intent to rip people off need to have negative feedback left for them. If they get ripped off in the process I think they deserve it. I'm an honest person, but there are way too many people on ebay that try to prey on people that aren't reading extremely carefully or are gullible.
From unsearched rolls of pennies with dimes on the end, to auctions that have a picture with 15 items in it and then you go to the auction and see the buy it now price is per each to silver plated rounds to an expensive "instruction" book on how to make something that is in the picture of the auction. Sorry, but I have NO remorse for the people on ebay that are there for the sole intention of taking advantage of others.

johnsquest68

Tenderfoot
Apr 7, 2011
Tavernier, Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Beach hunter, coinmaster pro, tm 808
I have always had the best luck searching half dollar rolls and dollar rolls I purchase from the bank....not a windfall but I do occasionally find some early silver, morgans, liberty's, and a few franklins. never buy from Ebay

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diverdown, just an FYI for you, I hadnt even opened the rolls. I filled the complaint with the intent to send the rolls back. Ebay gave me a COURTESY refund and I was instructed I didnt have to return the rolls to the scum bag...maybe it was you?

"Maybe it was you"?

Please don't insult or imply an insult, it violates our rules...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I'm sorry, I gotta side with gmrestoparts on this one. Anyone that is selling anything on ebay with the intent to rip people off need to have negative feedback left for them. If they get ripped off in the process I think they deserve it. [...] Sorry, but I have NO remorse for the people on ebay that are there for the sole intention of taking advantage of others.

There was no contention in a legitimate complaints being filed or negative feedback being left to deserving sellers. The point of contention is the sense of entitlement where refunds are given and the merchandise not being returned.

billionaire

Sep 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sort of disagree with all of you. The "gullible" people have none of my respect. I think they're a little bit stupid. I don't however have a problem with someone buying a roll for the thrill of finding guaranteed silver or Indian heads. On the other hand, I recently saw a guy on eBay that sold 8 individual circulated 40% half dollars for $5+ and like $3 shipping. This guy earns my respect because selling at those prices means he's a hell of an entrepreneur.

billionaire

Sep 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forgot to ask if you could share the results once you get the roll. I'll admit that the rolls do sort of interest me.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stop the insults please......

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read the OP and skipped right down to the bottom without reading the other posts, but from my experience is that these rolls are purposely made to have 2 coins of value on the end and they use "New Old Stock" wrappers to make the rolls look legit. Of course we've all thought of buying a roll and trying our luck and that is what you did, which is OK, whatever makes you happy is all that matters.

Anyway, in this hobby of CRH we also know how rare an ender is let alone an ender of value, and what are the odds of getting 2 enders of value and one of them being a mercury dime, roosevelt dime, barber dime, etc? slim to none. I have found 1 dime in the last 1000+ penny rolls i have gone through from the bank and it wasn't an ender and it was not silver.

Please don't take this post as an insult, it is not intended to be so, but as long as you're happy with the roll that is what matters :)
HH and good luck,
BuffaloBoy

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was no contention in a legitimate complaints being filed or negative feedback being left to deserving sellers. The point of contention is the sense of entitlement where refunds are given and the merchandise not being returned.

Sorry, I misread your intent.

OP
OP
P

pennynoob

Jul 14, 2013
Arizona
Primary Interest:
Other
So since most of you are just hating on me and my idea do you not want to see the results. Except for the two guys standing up for me.

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
I read the OP and skipped right down to the bottom without reading the other posts, but from my experience is that these rolls are purposely made to have 2 coins of value on the end and they use "New Old Stock" wrappers to make the rolls look legit. Of course we've all thought of buying a roll and trying our luck and that is what you did, which is OK, whatever makes you happy is all that matters.

Anyway, in this hobby of CRH we also know how rare an ender is let alone an ender of value, and what are the odds of getting 2 enders of value and one of them being a mercury dime, roosevelt dime, barber dime, etc? slim to none. I have found 1 dime in the last 1000+ penny rolls i have gone through from the bank and it wasn't an ender and it was not silver.

Please don't take this post as an insult, it is not intended to be so, but as long as you're happy with the roll that is what matters :)
HH and good luck,
BuffaloBoy

Was hoping someone would give the guy some backup! I don't see why everyone's against "unsearched" rolls. Cheap fun to me.
Wicka

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread