"Unsearched" Coin Rolls

pennynoob

Jul 14, 2013
Arizona
Primary Interest:
Other
Has anyone ever bought an "unsearched" coin roll? I just bought one on eBay that has a 1946 dime on one end and a 1902 Indian head on the other. I figure ill break even with those I just want to see how "unsearched" rolls do. Its shipping now and ill post the results later on this week. POST YOUR EXPERIENCES BUYING UNSEARCHED ROLLS.

image-640582926.jpg

image-877167783.jpg

Upvote 0

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
I sort of disagree with all of you. The "gullible" people have none of my respect. I think they're a little bit stupid. I don't however have a problem with someone buying a roll for the thrill of finding guaranteed silver or Indian heads. On the other hand, I recently saw a guy on eBay that sold 8 individual circulated 40% half dollars for $5+ and like $3 shipping. This guy earns my respect because selling at those prices means he's a hell of an entrepreneur.

^+1 stole the words right out of my mouth.

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Hey - I want to know what you got. Post it here and give the date range on your ebay feedback so others will know what they are getting into. The odds are about 99% that you are getting a bunch of junk common coins but what the heck - have fun with it. Everyone slamming should lighten up and as for ebay siding with the buyer - that is the way it is. You gotta factor that into the cost of business.

Maine_Jim

Rushfan

Aug 18, 2012
Southern California
Primary Interest:
Other
Everyone needs to "simma down nah"... (hopefully Nadeen searches her drawer for Ag)

[video]http://www.hulu.com/watch/278020[/video]

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone needs to "simma down nah"... (hopefully Nadeen searches her drawer for Ag)

[video]http://www.hulu.com/watch/278020[/video]

LOVE IT!! It's been a while since I've seen SNL. Made my night.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was hoping someone would give the guy some backup! I don't see why everyone's against "unsearched" rolls. Cheap fun to me.
Wicka

There's nothing cheap about it. You can pay a pretty premium for those rolls. You do understand these are on feebay, right?

OP
OP
P

pennynoob

Jul 14, 2013
Arizona
Primary Interest:
Other
I sort of disagree with all of you. The "gullible" people have none of my respect. I think they're a little bit stupid. I don't however have a problem with someone buying a roll for the thrill of finding guaranteed silver or Indian heads. On the other hand, I recently saw a guy on eBay that sold 8 individual circulated 40% half dollars for $5+ and like $3 shipping. This guy earns my respect because selling at those prices means he's a hell of an entrepreneur.

Ya I do this. Sold a 1964 half for 10.50 and some dimes for 2.50

billionaire

Sep 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are basically saying that you are gullible and stupid

Thank you i pride myself in my stupidity.... i was just thinking its interesting for an experiment to see if the sellers might put something else in the roll other than the enders and common dates to get some possitive feedback.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.....So i shouldnt post on the Ebay, the Mason Jar full of unsearched Silver coins my Great Grandfather Hide in the Cellar when the Texas Rangers were looking for him after finding out he robbed a stagecoach and ran with Billy the Kid?......

billionaire

Sep 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.....So i shouldnt post on the Ebay, the Mason Jar full of unsearched Silver coins my Great Grandfather Hide in the Cellar when the Texas Rangers were looking for him after finding out he robbed a stagecoach and ran with Billy the Kid?......

Are you sure you didnt sell it already? I swear ive seen that at least twelve times on ebay ;)

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$25 for a roll of wheats with a flying eagle ender that has a big hole in it and is basically worthless? I dont understand....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread