Quick question

jdmb

Jul 12, 2013
GA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First let me say I just picked a '48 Rosie out of my second roll for today. Pretty pumped since this is my first find since I started crh last week.

My question is, with these machine wraps, is my only option to bust them open the re-wrap them with my own rolls? Is there a trick to salvaging the roll or no.

Thanks

Upvote 0

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
First let me say I just picked a '48 Rosie out of my second roll for today. Pretty pumped since this is my first find since I started crh last week.

My question is, with these machine wraps, is my only option to bust them open the re-wrap them with my own rolls? Is there a trick to salvaging the roll or no.

Thanks

Yeah just ask the bank teller for a few rolls.
Congrats on the find
Wicka

OP
OP
J

jdmb

Jul 12, 2013
GA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just hit #2!

'64

Thanks

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I buy customer-wrapped from a town with a lot of banks but no counters. I re-roll the cwr, which takes a few seconds if that. I dump in $3oo to $5oo bags. If I buy machine-wrapped, I don't re-roll, but dump loose thru a counter.

Attachments

• 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 111
OP
OP
J

jdmb

Jul 12, 2013
GA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ended up with two silvers, a Bermuda, and a canada.

OP
OP
J

jdmb

Jul 12, 2013
GA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not sure if i need to clarify but the two silvers were rosies and then i got a canada and bermuda. so i pulled four coins from those rolls.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I would suggest finding a bank that has a lobby counting machine to dump them rather taking the lengthy time to re-roll. If you must re-roll, then ask all the banks you do business with if they have any "flat" coin rolls to put them in.

OP
OP
J

jdmb

Jul 12, 2013
GA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i just joined a CU this past week that has a no fee coin machine. asked the dang lady who opened my account what she does with all the reject coins and she said she takes them home and is making floor tiles out of them! sucks she might be gluing silver to her floor.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
i just joined a CU this past week that has a no fee coin machine. asked the dang lady who opened my account what she does with all the reject coins and she said she takes them home and is making floor tiles out of them! sucks she might be gluing silver to her floor.

I think that is pretty weird. Normally, it's only one type of coin that's used.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread