That funny money smells good!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey folks, while I was on a road trip this morning, I stumbled across a younger couple just married at the bank. I was next to them at the teller window and heard them ask, "can you exchange my canadian money also?"... So as a collector, I asked if I could buy some Canadian bills. In all, I bought a Canadian $5, $10, $20, $50, and $100. I know I overpaid for the bills paying face value for them since the exchange rate is currently $1 USD to $0.97 CAD but I wasn't going to cheap out and lose an opportunity for my collection.

So I got home and the $20, $50 (both crisp) were the new style polymer notes from 2012, that was pretty cool! The $100 was a crisp polymer note as well but was from 2011. These bills have a see-through strip that when held to the light reflect images kinda like watermarks.

The canadian $100 seems to be also scented of Canadian maple syrup and that is no lie!! Check this out!
:tongue3:
New Canadian Money Smells Like Syrup, Melts in Heat - ABC News

also to make this crh related, I did $1,000 in dimes ($500 cwr and $500 mwr for one lone roosevelt dime, 1964.)
HH

Upvote 0
OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And yes, I did scratch and sniff the maple leaf on the $100 bill LOL

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
haha my bad, they were a newly married couple who happened to be cashing in their wedding checks and canadian currency at the bank :P

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread