There are sick people in this world.....

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
I apparently just found someone's penny dumps where they've taken Strings & Sons MWR's and unrolled both ends took the penny's out, date sorted them by decade (all of them...) and then rerolled them labeled "2000-2010", "1980-1989", etc... Who does this with pennies??? I never like eating someones dumps (you can quote me on that) but I'm really more confused than anything. I'm sure everyone will say "Go back and get the rest, there may a roll labeled "1856" or "1877" but I think I'm going to just walk away.....

I also found a MWR dime today for the first time. Well the first silver one in a MWR, I've found more than a handful of non-silver Rosies. I haven't popped the roll open yet so I don't know what it is. Also found a CWR Silver rosie, '64-D. 7 Year old found an '09-P Rosie.

Also, also found a '79-S Half with no visible impairment in my $10 worth of CWR halves today. I have a ton of other rolls sitting around we're going to open tonight so will see what happens.

Wife found a '43-P Nickel.

Still have a bunch of pennies and some halves to go through.

But really, who unrolls both ends of a penny MWR, date sorts the Zincolns by decade, rewraps them in the old MWR's, labels them clearly and then dumps them? I don't[\

Upvote 0

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are going to walk away from an obvious collection dump? There sure are sick people out there!

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont care if they sorted them all by how shiny they were, theres a decent chance they dumped something worthwile. What do you have to lose - its Pennies! I would have bought everything they were willing to sell.

OP
OP
Twitch

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
I picked up coins from a handful of places today. I picked up a total of $55 in pennies today, including the "2000-2010" rolls. Total 12 wheats, all '50's and 29 Canadian pennies, oldest '43. Somewhere I picked up ~$10 in MWR cents. One of the rolls is a solid 2009 log cabin roll so I'll probably keep it. Another of the rolls had a 1907 INDIAN HEAD in it! Can't believe it. I found an '02 Indian a couple of months ago in a CWR but this one is in reasonable (average) condition. I'm all of $805 into my cent CRH career and have two Indians to show for it. I'm stoked.

You folks are both persistent and almost certainly right. I'll wander back there are see if I can get more pennies and see what happens. If I hit a decent score I'll split the booty amongst the 4 or 5 of you who have already responded to call me an idiot.

Just to be super clear, the Indian did not come from the same bank as the 'collection' coins.

Take care.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Idiot is too strong of a word to use. You said it yourself in the original post, you knew what you had to do!!

OP
OP
Twitch

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
I went back and picked up a few rolls and they didn't have any more of the marked rolls. I also tried all of the other denominations as well. Skunks on quarters, found one foreign in the dimes, the CWR nickels didn't yield any keepers, though there were a few '39's in there. I haven't opened the MWR nickels or any of the pennies yet. But one of the MWR penny rolls has a reverse wheat ender so there's at least a little something to find.

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I meant to say this when I first read this topic, but am I the only one who thought that this was going to be about gross coins found while coin roll hunting? I immediately recalled some truly sick people from my high school years who thought it was funny to stick pennies up there butts and drop them in the hallways.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread