mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That must have been exciting not knowing if any key or semi key dates were hiding in there. Did they bring anything else in? Good video.

OP
OP
B

BenVA

Sep 16, 2003
SW VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, White's MXT, Tesoro Compadre and Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That must have been exciting not knowing if any key or semi key dates were hiding in there. Did they bring anything else in? Good video.

I have to go back by the bank in the morning so I am going to double check that there arent any more of these rolls. The teller that helped me this morning called me before they closed to tell me she had just finished filling the quarter bag on the counter. She said she knows she heard silver in it and that I need to check it. So hopefully tomorow will bring some more keepers.

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Never used one, but am interested
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow! Incredible! Nice getting a collection dump like that....I'm excited to hear what you bring home tomorrow.

OP
OP
B

BenVA

Sep 16, 2003
SW VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow! Incredible! Nice getting a collection dump like that....I'm excited to hear what you bring home tomorrow.

Yea I cant wait. They take good care of me at this bank. My wife's aunt is the branch manager so that helps.

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Yea I cant wait. They take good care of me at this bank. My wife's aunt is the branch manager so that helps.
Having family in the bank is always good. My grandma is supervisor andcousin is branch manager. One teller saved me 50$ face value of silver quarters. ;-)
Now grandma saves me coins for Xmas! Woo!

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Never used one, but am interested
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like I need to get my family working at a bank! :lightbulb: I just asked my wife if she wanted to be a teller to cull silver for the family and she rolled her eyes and said "No!" :dontknow: So yeah...back to the grind.

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome score!!

What would you have done if one of those rolls had Indians written on it.lol
Would have been too much for me...

hotrod

Bronze Member
May 12, 2012
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome!
I haven't had a wheat score that good in some time!

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome score, dude! I just saw your other video for the quarters - gotta be one of the best quarter scores I have seen on here. Congrats! Any better dates in there? Make sure to check for doubled dies. There are a few of them in the Wash series that are quite valuable ('34, 37, 42d, 43, 43s). Again, fantastic silver score, man!

OP
OP
B

BenVA

Sep 16, 2003
SW VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome score, dude! I just saw your other video for the quarters - gotta be one of the best quarter scores I have seen on here. Congrats! Any better dates in there? Make sure to check for doubled dies. There are a few of them in the Wash series that are quite valuable ('34, 37, 42d, 43, 43s). Again, fantastic silver score, man!

I am fixing to start a thread on them. I was waiting for the video to upload my internet is pretty slow. I have not checked for the dates and mint marks yet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread