Stacking while I still can!

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got done with my last normal eight-box Tuesday. They weren't exactly normal boxes. 20 90% kens and 33 40% kens.

Like I said in Maverick's latest post, I've been having a rough go with both my pick up and dump banks. I had four somewhat consistent pick up banks for a couple months, but it seems to be unraveling. One is now done as of this evening, saying I would have to pay $5 per box starting next week. This was my oldest pick up bank...I've been getting two or three boxes of halves from them each week since early February. Another bank told me last week that it wants to reduce my weekly order from five to two. We'll see what happens this Thursday. Another bank told me last week that it is making my weekly two-box order a bi-weekly order. My one unaltered pick-up bank is going strong at five boxes per week. I feel like I've about run the gamut on area banks, but I know there are a lot of options yet. I guess I'm just kinda tired of having my relationships with all these banks cut short.

I've toyed with the idea of taking a break and focusing on metal detecting, but I haven't gotten into it that much yet. And how can one leave the kind of results pictured below for pop tops and zincolns?

image-3674152924.jpg

Upvote 0

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
dawg if you wanna get thrill of finding treasure start detectin, if you want to just stack silver keep on rollin' My advice is to do a little of each

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Never used one, but am interested
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like you're going to have to rework your strategy a little. Maybe mix in some other denominations to supplement your halves. I wouldn't say it's an either-or situation here, but one things certain...changes are a comin'.

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like you're going to have to rework your strategy a little. Maybe mix in some other denominations to supplement your halves. I wouldn't say it's an either-or situation here, but one things certain...changes are a comin'.

tips from two of the most famous poster here. we should start charging for the tips we give dontcha' think?

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow nice ratio of 90%ers!! Really nice out of 8 boxes as well... :occasion14:

I hate bank problems like that... I havent had any major problems for 2 months, since my original pickup bank closed that branch. I have been adding pickups like crazy... goin great so far, except for my low silver numbers last week :P Ugh I still need to post that up. lol maybe ill do that now

HH

izer54

May 9, 2013
Illinois
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well what helped me when I WAS finding good volume silver was to drop off some doughnuts or cookie bars to all the tellers and vault teller at my pickup banks and also dump banks. I would do this about every other weekend to hit every teller that works there and make sure they knew it was from me. After a month they all knew me by name and I stopped the treats with no one noticing. I still do the treats about once every other month now at all my pickups and drops are smooth sailing....except for that one silver sniper teller at my lowest dump bank....

OP
OP
Styfflin

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well what helped me when I WAS finding good volume silver was to drop off some doughnuts or cookie bars to all the tellers and vault teller at my pickup banks and also dump banks. I would do this about every other weekend to hit every teller that works there and make sure they knew it was from me. After a month they all knew me by name and I stopped the treats with no one noticing. I still do the treats about once every other month now at all my pickups and drops are smooth sailing....except for that one silver sniper teller at my lowest dump bank....

I'm going to risk sounding defensive here. I think my relationships with all of the tellers and vault managers are actually really good without the sweet supplements. My interactions with them are always positive, they remember me/my story/my name and I know them. We have extended conversations about random stuff totally unrelated to what I'm there for. From what I am told 99% of the time, I am cut off from ordering or dumping because of upper management decisions. Even if I give donuts to all of the front line employees, that sugar would never make its way to the district management level. That's why I don't buy into the sugary treats thing. Even if you establish these good relationships, the whole thing can come to a screeching halt by someone in an office in another building.

I know that this is many words for something that you guys have written novels about already. Long and short of it is I understand the premise of the sugar theory, I need to find more banks who are willing to order boxes long term, and I need to continue to find alternative ways to keep stacking. :)

OP
OP
Styfflin

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dawg if you wanna get thrill of finding treasure start detectin, if you want to just stack silver keep on rollin' My advice is to do a little of each

Well, I am currently detecting...just not with much success yet, and definitely not with the frequency that I coin roll hunt. I found one sterling silver ring missing the stone in about 10 detecting hunts. No silver coins yet. It's hard to justify detecting when I've found so many awesome finds rollin'.

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Never used one, but am interested
Primary Interest:
Other
tips from two of the most famous poster here. we should start charging for the tips we give dontcha' think?

naw...you and fiddy are more famous than I. Heard you guys were up there bankrupting Detroit due to all the silver you guys have been stackin'! :laughing7: HH Sleepy

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
naw...you and fiddy are more famous than I. Heard you guys were up there bankrupting Detroit due to all the silver you guys have been stackin'! :laughing7: HH Sleepy

Homie we could bankrupt Chicago with all the silver we be stacking

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread