$28 face of silver quarters from a bag today

BenVA

Sep 16, 2003
SW VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, White's MXT, Tesoro Compadre and Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The teller from the local bank called me yesterday evening to let me know the bag of quarters on the counter was full. She had told me yesterday when I got some cents that she had heard silver in it. Got a total of $28 face in silver. This has to be my best find so far. This has been one heck of a week of CRH'ing for me. Got to find something else tomorrow. I am getting hooked.

Here is a video showing the bag and what I got from it.

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Even tho I will never understand the posting of these educational videos, I gotta say congrats!

OP
OP
B

BenVA

Sep 16, 2003
SW VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Even tho I will never understand the posting of these educational videos, I gotta say congrats!

Its not really educational to me its just sharing with some friends and such. There are thousand's of videos like mine on YouTube. I just don't see why this is a big deal to people. We are posting on a forum that is just as easily searchable on Google or any other web search. So posts here are not any different really than a video online.

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Never used one, but am interested
Primary Interest:
Other
Crazy good find! Congratulations...I don't know if I'll ever find that many quarters in my CRHing career. I would think some of those coins have numismatic value.

treeslayer

Apr 9, 2010
Thats a great score! I found 158 quarters in a bag last year. I stop doing the bags do to lack of time, but i think you just motivated me to do some this week,HH

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Gotta admit, I'm not a fan of videos either. That being said, great score! :notworthy:

I'd go back immediately and ask for every other bag on the machine! Also, bear in mind '64 quarters have several DDO and DDR varieties. I'd check through them all.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow. That's a lot of quarters!

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quite a score BenVA! Especially considering how hard it is to get silver quarters in the wild.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Badass man. The response here on T-net is not in proportion to the quality of that find, likely because of the youtube video. I was gonna say because you're newer then realized you've been on here since 2003, wow! Either way this find deserves some recognition, it's huge, especially for quarters

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
AWSOME! I agree with SilverforBrains, likely the video for lack of response, but I would have been shaking too going through that bag, that had to be a blast!

Qwik story for you, Everyone says that Youtube is full of these vids, which it is now, but 2 years ago it wasn't, there really weren't that many, how do I know, because I was on there looking up vids on scrapping metal to make some extra cash because I see it all the time on the side of the road, washer dryers refridgerators , and so on, I had never heard of CRHing, never even thought about it, low and behold a CRHing vid pops up on Scrap Silver and I sit and watch this guy go through a box of halves and pull out Silver, well, I sat and watched every vid I could find on there about it that night, fascinated with it I went to the bank the very next day to start ordering boxes, and I got up to doing about 32-36 a week there for a while and have slowed it down now. The point is that I'm the last person in the world that would have thought about doing this till I was introduced to it from Youtube, now I am someones competition, maybe yours, you never know, because of Youtube, on you tube these vids can come up for some one like me who wasn't even looking for it, I was looking for something else, and now here I am almost 2 yrs later, someones competition by accident, and many more like me everyday that see those vids that had never even thought about doing this and found them by accedent will start doing it just like me. Now, people also say that, "Well, this site tells all about what we do also", well, yes it does, but you don't find this site unless you are allready looking for coins or Silver or searching for something to do with it, which means you allready pretty much know about collecting Silver and trying to find out about it. Just my 2 cents on the video thing, I'm definitely not hating so please don't take it that way, just telling you my story and why I think we shouldn't have CRHing vids, that all. Once again though, AWSOME SCORE BEN! HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
B

BenVA

Sep 16, 2003
SW VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Badass man. The response here on T-net is not in proportion to the quality of that find, likely because of the youtube video. I was gonna say because you're newer then realized you've been on here since 2003, wow! Either way this find deserves some recognition, it's huge, especially for quarters

Thanks, I have been on here quite a while but I have taken breaks many times over the years plus I detect a good bit as well. I remember when the coin roll hunting forum started back years ago and reading some of the posts. I wish I had hunted more over the years since then instead of getting into other things.

I have a couple YouTube channels for things I have been interested in over the years. I use to collect retro videogames and later collected autographs some as well. I just like doing the videos and interacting with others.

I think the cat is out of the bag on coin roll hunting and I don't get all the concern here with "educating" others. Most people don't have enough gumption to stick with it anyways except for the persistent few we see here on the forums regularly. Heck I myself have ventured in and out of it many times over the years.

I appreciate the comments on this find as well as my other posts. Also like I said earlier posting here on this forum about finds is no different than posting a video on YouTube. Go to Google and type in coin roll hunting. This site will be one of the first things to come up in the search. With all that being said the comments don't bother me and I respect others opinions even if I don't understand them.

OP
OP
B

BenVA

Sep 16, 2003
SW VA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
AWSOME! I agree with SilverforBrains, likely the video for lack of response, but I would have been shaking too going through that bag, that had to be a blast!

Qwik story for you, Everyone says that Youtube is full of these vids, which it is now, but 2 years ago it wasn't, there really weren't that many, how do I know, because I was on there looking up vids on scrapping metal to make some extra cash because I see it all the time on the side of the road, washer dryers refridgerators , and so on, I had never heard of CRHing, never even thought about it, low and behold a CRHing vid pops up on Scrap Silver and I sit and watch this guy go through a box of halves and pull out Silver, well, I sat and watched every vid I could find on there about it that night, fascinated with it I went to the bank the very next day to start ordering boxes, and I got up to doing about 32-36 a week there for a while and have slowed it down now. The point is that I'm the last person in the world that would have thought about doing this till I was introduced to it from Youtube, now I am someones competition, maybe yours, you never know, because of Youtube, on you tube these vids can come up for some one like me who wasn't even looking for it, I was looking for something else, and now here I am almost 2 yrs later, someones competition by accident, and many more like me everyday that see those vids that had never even thought about doing this and found them by accedent will start doing it just like me. Now, people also say that, "Well, this site tells all about what we do also", well, yes it does, but you don't find this site unless you are allready looking for coins or Silver or searching for something to do with it, which means you allready pretty much know about collecting Silver and trying to find out about it. Just my 2 cents on the video thing, I'm definitely not hating so please don't take it that way, just telling you my story and why I think we shouldn't have CRHing vids, that all. Once again though, AWSOME SCORE BEN! HH, Maverick.

Valid points you have there. I would say most of the videos probably are more recent.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well put man! I am glad you found this video because you are a great contributor to this forum and a cool guy, but your right youtube videos create competition! Youtube has a way of surfing people through videos more efficiently than websites. Like you said, searching for scrap metal on youtube brings up an amazing silver halves CRH video, while if you were looking at scrap metal websites online it's unlikely you would be lead to Tnet, or another CRH website

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, I have been on here quite a while but I have taken breaks many times over the years plus I detect a good bit as well. I remember when the coin roll hunting forum started back years ago and reading some of the posts. I wish I had hunted more over the years since then instead of getting into other things.

I have a couple YouTube channels for things I have been interested in over the years. I use to collect retro videogames and later collected autographs some as well. I just like doing the videos and interacting with others.

I think the cat is out of the bag on coin roll hunting and I don't get all the concern here with "educating" others. Most people don't have enough gumption to stick with it anyways except for the persistent few we see here on the forums regularly. Heck I myself have ventured in and out of it many times over the years.

I appreciate the comments on this find as well as my other posts. Also like I said earlier posting here on this forum about finds is no different than posting a video on YouTube. Go to Google and type in coin roll hunting. This site will be one of the first things to come up in the search. With all that being said the comments don't bother me and I respect others opinions even if I don't understand them.

It's great to have a veteran posting on here, especially one that's been around from the start! Hope to see you posting on here again soon.

While you are right that if you type in "Coin Roll Hunting" to google you will come up with tnet first (in fact that's how I always log in!), the distinction here is that on google you have to know the term coin roll hunting, which likely means you already know all about it. Youtube takes a much wider audience, including scrappers, preppers, ebayers etc. and funnels them directly to a video of some guy pulling a thousand dollars worth of silver from a halves box.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread